Worried

meldmac

Mom to an angel and Colin
Reaction score
So I thought that by almost 18 weeks I would start to feel stronger movements but I haven't. I'm worried all the time that the baby is not doing well or worse. I feel what I think could be some movements but they are not very strong. I'm just so worried even though I know some people have told me they haven't felt baby until about 20 weeks I've read lots that have by 16 and it scares me that I really haven't felt much at all. I've been trying to find a doppler somewhere in Canada or someplace to order but the only place I can find here charges $160 for one and the one on amazon.com charges $60 for shipping :/. I don't want to have to use ebay but maybe I will end up doing that but really don't feel comfortable with using paypal since I know of two people who've been hacked and lost a lot of money over it and paypal were not helpful at all.

I just wish I could have at least a few days where I wasn't worried and stressed out about this :cry:

It's so hard when your pregnancy innocence has been shattered. I have 5 children already, pregnant with #6 and an angel waiting on me in Heaven. Trust me when I say its ok, sometimes I didn't feel em move til 20 weeks and others I felt at 14. It's completely normal. By the way, I wish I was 17 weeks......... Right now I'm just trying to make it day to day with my fingers crossed.

Thanks. I probably wont relax until I have my baby home and healthy. I don't know if I'll even relax if I make it past 36.4 weeks when I lost Devin. I just want to feel movements so bad that I think I'm stressing myself over it. :cry:

13 views and only 1 other post....:cry: no one seems to care.

Oh darling,

I do care, I promise you. I can't imagine what you are going through - but do understand and agree that once that pregnancy innocence is gone, it is well and truly gone forever.

As for a doppler, do you have any local companies who can rent them? Maybe through ebay? If not, maybe we could sort one out where you buy one from ebay UK and get it delivered to me and I could ship it to you? Something around the problems. You can get angelsounds really cheap on there - like £20. Sorry if that is a rubbish idea.

I know it's little, but you always have a friend here anytime you need to chat. :hugs:

know your worry my friend is giving me an angel sounds doppler and then i am going to buy heart monitor with lcd display they are £50 on ebay, i cant cope without it !

just looked at amazon in US and they have them easy to pay and secure x

https://www.amazon.com/Sonotrax-Ult...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1265376536&sr=8-1

sweetie :( i know there's nothing i can say to reassure you, just know that we are all here for you ok? i didnt feel any strong movements until about 24 weeks with my son, it was all just flutters before then and didnt feel a thing until 18 weeks. They really are all different. I know you know that hun so it wont help but just... *hugs* to you xxxx

Meldmac, hope the other ladies' lovely posts are reassurring.

Does your midwife or doctor offer any kind of service that could help, e.g. regular appointments where they use the doppler to listen to the heartbeat?

If you'd like your own, it may be worth contacting some companies in Europe directly, who may well ship to you for much less than you mention.

hey hun hope your ok , honestly dont worry, i dont no ANYONE whos felt there babys before 20 weeks and about 10 of my friends have been or are pregnant in the past year, its so normal to hardly feel a thing. im 20 weeks and still dont feel alot and definatley wasnt feeling anything at 18 weeks, i also think some people at 16 weeks can easily mistake movement for gas, especially if its there first. hope this helps abit xx

Thinking of you hunny :hugs: It's so hard to be in this position. I've been trying to sort out the same thing and find a doppler here too... I've seen a few on Kijiji and craigslist, can you maybe look on your local list, someone might have one secondhand... :hugs:

As the other ladies have said, once you've had one loss you never go through another pregnancy without worrying that something will happen to your precious baby. As for the doppler, I bought one off ebay during my pregnancy with my second child, and it was an absolute life saver during the pregnancy with my youngest because I just panicked non-stop. It really might be worth asking your midwife/gp for regular check-ups. You have every right in the world to feel terrified, and the least they can do is help to reassure you. I hope everything goes well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->