Worried :(

Cupcake_Queen

Mummy of 2...so far! :)
Reaction score
Im sorry if this is the wrong place to write this or if its too much info...but im really worried now :cry:
My OH & I have been TTC for almost 6 months. I went to the docs a month or 2 ago for a check up as things just didnt seem right, and it turned out that i actually had chlamydia :( :nope:
The worrying part is that i got it from my ex...who cheated on my for the 4 years i was with him and pretty much ruined my life...i ended up very low & depressed and 14 months ago i moved 300 miles away and started a new life..and met my amazing OH!
I am really worried now that i am unable to have a baby thanks to my ex! I had chlamydia for over a year before i found out about it, my own fault i know for not getting checked out :(
Has anyone got any success stories about TTC after chlamydia...or having their babies??
Thank u xxxx :kiss:

I'm soooo sorry to hear that :( what a w@nker your ex sounds, anyway I cant really answer your question but i'm sure someone else will, have you asked the doc's about the % of people who get infertile from it?! It maybe the % is low but can happen - good luck hun im sure you'll be fine anyway :)

a friend of mine had it but it was diagnosed after 2 months,she went on to have 2 children with no problems,its very contagious so your current partner should be tested also if he has has unprotected sex with you,its simple to treat hun,hope it hasnt had any affect :hugs:

Thank you! Yeah the nurse said its unlikely i will have major problems, but i am going back for tests/checks and stuff. Yep i passed it onto my OH too, so we both had it for a year :( My ex is the biggest wanker ever!! lol I hate him with a passion, but he passed it onto lots of other people too, which is even worse!!
Its been treated now thank god, just hoping it wasnt too late xx

Try not to worry too much:flower: but i know that's hard!! The Chlamydia/fertility thing is usually only a concern if you actually developed PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) because of it. If it was treated after a year it is unlikely that PID developed. A swab can be taken to test for bacteria but if that is not conclusive then they con do a scan etc to check for scarring of fallopian tubes. Make sure your dr etc knows you are ttc :hugs: good luck

Thank you! :)
Im going to get checked for PID ASAP! I spoke to the nurse before about TTC and she said to go back if i had any troubles, just me worrying about everything, i feel responsible in a way for it. My OH says its not my fault i got it, but i should have guessed really as i knew what my ex was like! lol
Thank you for your lovely message :) xx

my friend got PID from undiagnosed Chlamydia and she is currently waiting to pop out kiddie number 5. apparently her scarring was not too bad i have my fx all is ok

This happened to me too. My OH's ex cheated and gave it too him. He never knew and she never told him. I then got it. I was sort of lucky and got symptoms straight away and got checked. I must of had it for a few months not more then 6 but OH is worried as he must of had it for up to 5 years :nope:
Wer both fine now and as I got treated quickly I shouldnt have TTC problems. Im very sure you'll be fine honey :hugs:

Thank you both for your messages!!
5 babies is amazing!! I'm hopeful that nothing is wrong with me, i am gonna have a check up anyway, just to make sure :)
Ooohh Inge your in Wiltshire too! Where abouts? Msg me if you like xx

My friend had PID, she gave birth to a baby boy 2 days ago after not getting pregant for 10 years with another person (maybe he could not have children) meet another man and got pregant within 2 months soooooo happy for her

So glad to read all these positive stories .. I know it has been years since this thread has been written, but its good to know that people who have had this STI still have had successful pregnancies. I had chlamydia for three months, and was treated...and that was five years ago now...We are almost ready to start looking in to having kids in the next year.. and so I have been creeping around on these forums trying to find reassurance. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->