Worries about progesterone withdrawal bleeding at 13+4. Anyone else?

KeepFaith29

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I had an SCH bleed at 7 weeks but fine since then until this morning I had a small amount of gooey brown blood come out a few times. I stopped the last of my progesterone suppositories about 3 weeks ago and the PO injections about a week and a half ago. The doctor believes it was a progesterone withdrawal bleed and heard the heartbeat so she didn't seem worried. That being said they didn't check my levels or anything. She said the placenta has completely taken over now and it is just my body adjusting.

Anyone else had a bleed after stopping progesterone and everything turn out fine? Did they have you go back on progesterone or no?

Thanks for your advice and answers!!

Hey, I had about 24 hours of spotting (pinky/red) 2 days after stopping progesterone. I had it checked out, they said it was absolutely fine.

I would really push to get levels checked again. I know most drs won't do so but just because the placenta takes over does not mean you don't need progesterone.

I see a NaPro dr to watch my levels. I'm 19weeks and still on progesterone. Granted I take progesterone just to keep my levels balanced even when I'm not pregnant because they are so low. At one point I was on 800mg a day. Im now back down to 200mg but my dr is not confident my placenta is even making enough on its own to take me off.

This is the chart my dr uses. My highest was 47. And lowest was 17. Last week I was at 35 @ 18 weeks which as you can see is pretty low.

Just my two cents. I do think if I had to get off progesterone I'd be ok right now but I think the progesterone still helps. As I get contractions late at night before taking my pills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->