Worries over possible second labour?? Please read :)

Romy

Reaction score
Hello
I had my daughter 12 weeks ago today and keep thinking about maybe having another baby in a year or two but after my labour it's put me off.
First of all I was in labour for over 24hours, I wasn't dilating quick enough then I had to have an epidural as I was so tired and needed rest it was the only option left for me at the time - so actually giving birth didn't hurt because I couldn't feel it so as I didn't feel the pain I'm scared of the pain!!
Secondly I'm also worried as when my daughter arrived in the world she had an "offensive" smell to her that the midwife commented on - not sure if this was because my waters weren't broken properly (did anyone else have this issue?)
Thirdly we were both put on antibiotics for 5 days and had to stay in hospital which I hated and got down about, so worried this may happen again!

So as you can tell I'm a worrier but just wanted to voice my concerns, can anyone help?? :wacko:

I've waited nearly 7 years to have my second one and I wouldn't suggest that. I'm still 13 weeks off my due date for my 2nd :)
don't all the doctors say that every labour is different?
Maybe you were just unlucky with your first labour?
I think you should maybe focus on your little girl and enjoy her instead of worrying about things you don't plan on doing for another year or two.

I had a really bad labour and after care with dd for the first four weeks I was really poorly! It takes time, about 4 months for me, but you actually do forget pains and woes and end up wanting to do it all again! We only wanted a two year age gap but due to 2 miscarriages, we ended up with a three year one, can't wait now :) xx

Give yourself time, after a few months you'll probably be broody as heck :)haha:) and the fear you're feeling over labour will have faded :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->