Worries

Beth09

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy and im so worried about my 12 week scan, i am really worried that there will be no heartbeat. Is there any signs to look out for or am i just going to have to wait until 12 weeks? x

Awww its totally normal to worry in the first 3months.
Signs to look out for are bleeding & cramping.
You will be so surprised when you see your little bean jumping around.
Good luck with the scan.

I'm afraid there's no way around it. You've just got to keep thinking positively. Any 'signs' are usually misleading and cause un-necessary worry and that's not good for baby.

I know it's easier said than done but keep up that PMA and it'll be here before you know it!!

:hug:

Hi Beth - Congrats!

We all worry over absolutely everything.

Try to relax and enjoy it! (Hope you can 'cos I sure can't!).

D
xx

It's such a bitter sweet time finding out your pregnant, your happy but scared all at the same time!

I've had a missed miscarriage previously and i didn't really have any signs, apart from very slight spotting which was brown in colour. Other than that i didn't really have any pregnancy symptoms. When i went for early scan, there was no hb, i think that in hindsight the spotting and lack of symptoms were my bodies way of telling me something was wrong. Having said that, women spot and have no symptoms, and still carry to full term, so every woman and every pregnancy is different.

I'd say try and relax, if you've had no bleeding or severe cramping, then i'm sure everything will be fine. Easier said than done i know. :hugs:

I havent had any bleeding no cramping no sickness (which worries me) I spoke to the midwife about having no sickness and was it a bad sign and she just said No i must count my self lucky, but i do still worry!

Fingers crossed everything is ok, i will just have to wait and see! Thanks for replying xx

I remember with DS I was so ultra scared of my 12 weeks scan! I like you was convinced there would be nothing there when I got there! despite feeling sick and having the belly bloated like I was 5 month preg!

Feeling like that actually spoiled the moment, as I still cannot recall going into the room and having the scanner placed on my belly - DH said is was all so amazing, but I don't remember! All I remember was coming out of the room with this lil pic in my hand of this 6cm long bub that was inside me - and I couldn't believe it!

Try to relax and enjoy the experience if you can, you only get 2 scans so make the most of it! I'm gonna try enjoy my 12 week scan more this time!

Congratulations
I tihnk everyone on here has had a bad thought or two (or hundred) during the first three months, although might sound harsh, the best thing to think is that you can't change anything anyway, and stressful thoughts could harm little bean so PMA all the way!!!

Good Luck Amy xx

ah I nkow how you feel, the worry is terrible, try and relax hun, it is easier said than done but I bet when you go in there you will be shocked to see a bouncy little beani!
I have my scan next Friday at 13 +2 weeks and even though I had a scan at 11 +5 I still get sooooo scared that something will be wrong, I am thinking positive enough for all of us and I hope that we are all going to be ok! good luck with the next couple of weeks they will go and before you know it you will be seeing your baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->