worrisome ultrasound at 5w2d

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hey y'all! Happy Holidays!

I had an ultrasound yesterday because of cramping and partislly because I was still in denial. Two troubling things came up.

1) I have an 8cm cyst (just fluid so not cancer) on my left ovary that has been causing my irregular cycles and what I thought was O pain since coming off the pill. I don'y know what it means or what questions to ask. I had a cyst that caused a threatened miscarriage my first pregnancy but it went away and it was not this huge. =/

2) I know it's early, but there was literslly NOTHING in my uterus. She went at it (transvag) from all angles, showed me where it should have been, and nothing. not even a gestational sac.
Facts:
LMP: 11/19
Conception date: 12/7
HCG 12/20: 67
HCG 12/26: 1300 something

I have an ultrasound next week to check both issues and my mom offered to go with me because "[she] might as well be a gynocologist because she went through every female problem there is including ovarian cysts and an ectopic pregnancy." My mom is hilariously inappropriate and wonderful. my doctor does not seem overly worried but she wasn't exactly smiling and you know they have to tell you worst case scenario. what if I lose an ovary? what if I lose a tube? what if I lose my left ovary and my righy tube?! my single purpose in life is to be a mother! :(

It could be too early but as far as conception with one tube/ ovary it still happens (not that I'm assuming the worst case will happen to you at all!) My good tube was taken and had no scarring and we just don't know why the ectopic happened there. My other tube was clogged and clubbed :-( During surgery they cleared it and unfurled it and 3 months later baby girl was conceived! Nature finds a way so hang in there no matter what your outcome!

Hi Dobby! We just chatted a sec on my post but I wanted to hop over here also.

Your numbers are still on the "might see something, might not" side of things. I have a cyst on my left ovary also, but I don't think I mentioned that part in any of my posts bc it's not really a concern right now. Doctor just thinks that's where I ovulated from.

I know it's easier said than done, but try your hardest not to worry. Your hcg is doing great and in no time you should be able to see at least the gestational sack.

I'll be thinking of you and keeping my fx for you! Be sure to keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->