worrying again

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
I'm worrying yet again about this weaning malarky! Chloe doest have a lot of food really, i couldnt even tell you what she does have as I put some in a bowl and she has what she wants!!

She has baby cereals, jars aof veg and fruit puree.

I've read other people giving finger foods, toast etc, but I'm really confussed about what Chloe should be having, I'm worried that at this rate I'm gonna have a teenager on formula cos I dont know what I'm doing!! :cry:

Awww babe dont worry im sure ur doing a great job. Ruby doesnt really have any finger foods given to her and i just give her the amounts she wants. Sometimes she will scoff a whole jar and other times she will have maybe a couple spoon falls. Just go with the flow and let Chloe lead you xx

I feel so stupid cos I'm so scared!! How lame is that?!

Although I'm getting her high chair out today so that might help a bit. HV said to try boiling a carrot to within an inch of its life and giving it to her to play with/eat- might try that

You could also give her slices of apple with the skin removed, even grapes with the skin off, toast that she could chew on, rusks, baby biscuits (from about 7 months), and I was told from 8 months to introduce "our" food, just dont add salt. :) Anything and everything can be a finger food to a baby, within reason of course, lol.

Don't worry, you will get the hang of it! :) x

I feel so stupid cos I'm so scared!! How lame is that?!

Its not lame at all hunny, i felt the same with my eldest daughter. Totally normal to feel that way :hugs: xx

Thank you hun, I just feel so silly, everyone seems to get on with it, my heart goes mad when I think about trying something new :dohh:

Dont feel silly :hugs:

Just take things a step at a time and see how u get on. Maybe try one new thing and if she doesnt like it or u dont get on with it keep trying something new till u find something u both are happy with if that makes sense lol xx

Things will start falling into place for both of u weaning can be a scary experiance first time round xx

Are you kidding me? It is terrifying!! What if I give her too much of this and not enough of that? What if there's too much of this in that? :wacko:

Finger foods are easy to introduce, just give her some to play with and she should put it in her mouth. She's 6 months now, so toast is good.

ok i got in such a panic I just phoned my mum!! she reassured me and said that what she is having is fine- shes certainly not suffering weight wise!!

She said to get the high chair out, break up some rusk and leave it on the tray, she'll probably eat it and i know she likes it, ina few days when she's got the hang of it try a carrot, or apple or toast and see what she does, then just keep trying different things.

ok i got in such a panic I just phoned my mum!! she reassured me and said that what she is having is fine- shes certainly not suffering weight wise!!

She said to get the high chair out, break up some rusk and leave it on the tray, she'll probably eat it and i know she likes it, ina few days when she's got the hang of it try a carrot, or apple or toast and see what she does, then just keep trying different things.

Glad u feel better after speaking to your mun xx

It really helped me when the HV said that Alasdair will get the nutients he needs from his formula for now. They just needs to be experimenting with food from now on really. I, however, am quite lucky in that Alasdair just wolfs stuff down lol. Giving Alasdair stuff to play with was definitely the best move I made. Also, even though they say suitable from 7 months and our LO's are obviously only 6, the organix snacks (we've tried apple rice cakes and carrot sticks so far) have been a mega hit with Ally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->