• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worrying...

domingo

Little bit pregnant :D
Reaction score
I know I probably have no real reason to but I'm really worrying about our financial situation and how we're going to cope, mainly after maternity which is absolutely ages away!

We don't earn very much (partner has just taken a huge wagecut/ I'm starting a new job at minimum wage) and have quite a lot of debt to deal with (I've just graduated / my partner has large loan payments til Jan 2013) and I just worry so much about coping.

Who is there to speak to about financial issues?

I know I probably sound completely irresponsible but our baby is a complete surprise as I was on the pill and honestly never missed one - the doctor said I'm in that less than 1% where it wasn't effective, so it's a big shock!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Most people go to the CAB I think but I've always found them to be so busy it's difficult to get to see anyone. Have you tried one of the charity debt helplines? Two I can think of are CCCS and nationaldebtline.
You're not alone in your worries. I'm on maternity leave now and although I knew it was coming it's still hard to juggle.
You could try looking into whether you will get tax credits when the baby is here. With tax credits the lower your income the better it can be for you as they will pay more in tax credits.
Hope that helps and you sort something out x

I know we should get some sort of tax credits but we earn slightly too much for full entitlements. unfortunately our financial situation means earning 'slightly too much' doesn't mean we're any better off!
I also won't qualify for full maternity pay so hopefully we'll manage on maternity allowance
It's just horrible at the moment as my partner is working over 50 hours a week for next to nothing because 'it's expected' and I'm just worried all the time
Thank you again x

Aaawww I wish there was something positive I could help with.

Unfortunately we're in a similar position. OH works over 50 hours a week when we'd be better off if he worked 40. We also have "too much" income to get any tax credits but it's not actually enough to live on :-(

We should get the baby element of tax credits which is £20 a week I think and if it's your first child child benefit is another £20 a week. So £40....not much but when you don't have much every little helps!

Aaawww I wish there was something positive I could help with.

Unfortunately we're in a similar position. OH works over 50 hours a week when we'd be better off if he worked 40. We also have "too much" income to get any tax credits but it's not actually enough to live on :-(

We should get the baby element of tax credits which is £20 a week I think and if it's your first child child benefit is another £20 a week. So £40....not much but when you don't have much every little helps!

Thanks for replying again :)

Every little does help! I just want to clear as much outstanding debt as possible before baby arrives!

He's looking for new work where he'll earn even the teeniest bit more but its not happening at present! I just hope I can manage to work as close to my due date as possible!

This stress just isn't healthy but once everything feels 'under control' I'll hopefully calm down!

THanks again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->