Worse night so far...

Midora

Reaction score
LO is a little over 2 weeks old, so I'm still pretty new to this. Everything seems to be going pretty good, just like everyone else, I have sleepless nights and the occasional good night where we get a good 7 hours total.

Tonight, though, I really felt like I was going to lose it, and sort of did.

My husband started a new job, which is good because it pays more, well they asked him to join them to go to some out of town swap meet. A out of town swap meet that is 6 hours away. :/ When he called me to see if it would be okay to go, I didn't want to seem like the overbearing wife and not "allow" him to go with his new co-workers, so of course I said yes, hoping that he would figure it out on his own and just stay home.

It's difficult to do everything on your own, I had a c-section and have been recovering fairly well. The incisions are practically healed but i still get pains if I move wrong or just over do things. Which is difficult not to do when you're home alone most of the time.

I asked my sister to help me out this weekend while he is gone. After telling him it was okay, I started to think that it probably wasn't a good idea. Lately he has been working late, not getting home till practically 7pm every night, so by the time he gets home, we have dinner, and he is passed out on the couch by 10. Which means we really don't spend any time together and he hasn't helped out with our son.

Before the job, he was willing to help, now he is so exhausted that he is almost difficult to get to even pick him up. :/ Which is not only unfair to me, but to our son. He isn't getting that bonding time with his father. :/

So I tried to tell him that I didn't think he should go, that I was looking forward to spending time with him. He kept coming up with excuses to why he thinks he needs to go, bonding time with the co-workers and sucking up to the boss to hopefully move up quicker. Which is understanding, but I'm completely exhausted and would like the help around the house.

I completely lost it when he left today, I was crying hysterically to the point of hyperventilating. I felt like he didn't want to be around us and he really just found an opportunity to get away.

I feel like I may have over reacted and maybe should have just stayed calmed. On the other hand, I feel that he should have understood where I was at and decided to stay home.

He even left without saying bye, to not only me but to our son. He just left. Which crushed me. I even called him and asked him why he would leave without saying bye and he said he doesn't know. So I asked him to call me when he arrived at the hotel, which I'm sure he arrived 4 hours ago, and he hasn't called me.

Should I be freaking out? I'm losing even more sleep over this. All I know is this is absolutely the worse night ever!

I'd feel the same way, hun. Aside from your physical recovery and adapting to life as a mother, your hormones are going mad. Your hubby really should be there to support you. :hugs:

I sympathize with you! My LO is just a day older than yours and DH lost his job the day before I went into labor. He started a new one when she was 11 days old in what time he was able to help a ton. Right now during training he is working 12 hours a day (all day 9am-9pm) and I would be a mess right now with so little sleep I had if he were to be gone that long as your DH may be. I don't think you are overreacting.

Is your sister decent help? If so, maybe take some extra time for you, especially if you are FF if he just has to go.

Hope you feel better! I wish I had some better advice :hugs:

I waited until 9:30 am to hear from him and he never called, so I called him. He was still sleeping, said they didn't arrive there until 4:30 am, which didn't make sense, they left at 7:30pm and it's only 6 hours away, why it took them 9 hours to get there was beyond me. So I told him I would call him later on and let him get some more rest.

I called him again later and he said they didn't actually leave our city until 10pm, which explains why they got there at 4:30 am. So I still asked him why he didn't call and he
said he figured I would be trying to sleep. I said, seriously, I never sleep so that is stupid that you figured that.

I actually was having a terrific day hanging out with my sister and niece. My sister is a huge help, made things so much easier. I was able to give Evan a bath and take a shower myself. Evan slept more today too. I was able to get things done I have been needing to do. My best friend drove 2.5 hours to visit too. Overall good day.

Until I called my husband again at 7pm to see if they were on their way home yet. I was promised he would be home this evening. I was then informed that they would not be home tonight that they missed two vendors in the morning that they need to get tomorrow.

So can you now imagine my fury and hurt now. So not only will they be home some time tomorrow, I again will not have any time spent with my husband. Since he does have to be to work on Monday!
I am beyond pissed right now and i havent had the chance to talk to him since my best friend and sister and niece were here when i called him at 7, then i tried to call him at 8:30 but he was surrounded by the guys as they were about to have dinner. So I asked him to call me back when he can talk.

So I'm just livid right now and to make things better it's freezing in our house since the fall weather is now kicking in and I don't know how to light the furnace. So baby and I have to bundle up and use extra blankets. :/

This whole thing was a bad idea and I really hope he learns his lesson from this. :/

He never did call me back. Still pretty livid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->