worst thing that can happen while ttc

jenniferttc1

mommy of 1 baking #2
Reaction score
I went to the gyn. yesterday about this awful knife stabbing pain i get during sex for a really long time, my mother had the same thing happen to her at my age, so they gave an ultrasound and they saw what he thinks Is a very large cyst on my right ovary (the side i get the pain) , so hes putting me on birthcontrol for 2 MONTHS! If it doesnt go away he suspecets endometirous or something like that, or a tumor and ill have to go under for them to get a better look. This is just horrible, and putting me on hold ttc. So I guess i'll be leaving yall for a few months, but still snooping!!! Good luck ladies

I guess I should add that the sharp knife pain my mother had was a mild case of endometirous. sorry i dont know how to spell it. But she had some sugery to get it all cleared. Hopefully its just a cyst.

im no doctor but i would had though a VERY large cyst would not go on its own and priority would have it removed asap so you can start concieving again... i cant imagine what birth control will do to help :s

Aww Im so sorry I hope everything will turn out okay, you could come join us in waiting to try for a little bit? All we do is moan to eachother about how much we are sick of waiting!! haha xx

I know, I've had a very small ones before that they said was normal, but this one was a really big one, and when he shaked my stomach the cyst would shake, so he said it was blood filled. The way he made it sound was that its stopping my right ovary from releasing the egg. But I could be wrong on that.

Aww Im so sorry I hope everything will turn out okay, you could come join us in waiting to try for a little bit? All we do is moan to eachother about how much we are sick of waiting!! haha xx

I'll def. be over there! I've tried staying away from bnb and its just not possible! lol

can u get a 2nd opinion as it sounds like brushing you off... i would want it removed!! esp as your ttc!! it could be one reason when you havnt got a sticky bean in there instead, even if it shrinks it might still be blocking it!.... if you have it removed you can get your baby quicker.. grrr i hate doctors

can u get a 2nd opinion as it sounds like brushing you off... i would want it removed!! esp as your ttc!! it could be one reason when you havnt got a sticky bean in there instead, even if it shrinks it might still be blocking it!.... if you have it removed you can get your baby quicker.. grrr i hate doctors

girl, I have gone to 4 different doctors in the past 2 years about this, maybe cause im young, they don't worry about it, but its really affecting my sex life the most. I'm tired of them putting it off as something that will fix on its own, when its just getting worse. This doctor isnt doing much, but is doing alot more than all the others that just gave me a pap, and checked for std's and all came back clear so they thought i was lying about it. I just wished I didnt have to wait 2 months, and if nothing happens, then have surgery and get out a month more.

A doctor tried to put me on birth control pills too because I was constantly bleeding and spotting. I refused and they did more blood tests - turns out I have an overactive thyroid and this is stopping me from ovulating and causing the erratic bleeding.

Different situation to yours I know, but doctors will always try to put us on birth control. If I had gone on it, I would still not know what was up and have to wait even longer to get it fixed.

Birth control pills wont help the problem, they'll just act as a placebo and mask the symptoms you are having. The cyst will either go or it wont, taking birth control pills wont affect it - though it may reduce the pain for you.

It's up you of course hun, but I agree with Gemma - I'd tell them that birth control pills are not an option. But good luck to you anyway!

I wasnt happy about the pills at all, He asked me earlier if I wanted to take birthcontrol to help with the pain, and i told him NO why would i do that I'M TRYING TO CONCIEVE! But he insisted that it should make it go away. I just feel as if its the same pain my mother had at my age, that can be hereditary, then thats what it prob. is. She only had a mild case of endo. with only two spots, and once it was removed she got pregnant with me and my sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->