Wot do i need help!!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by louise1988, Apr 16, 2009.

1. louise1988

louise1988 Well-Known Member

I have a few things for baby but i dont no wot i exactly need any help please?!!!! Xxx

2. first alien

first alien Well-Known Member

you will need sleep suits, vests, scratch mittens, nappies, bottles (if FF) steriliser(again if FF), moses basket, blankets, sheets for matress. car seat, pram, cot for when too big for moses basket. outdoor suit, outfits,. wipes or cotton wool. baby bath, topand tail bowl.

I'm going to stop now. i'm scaring myself.
    Mothercare has a good list at the back of their catalogue and there is also one in the bounty book.

hope i've helped.

this is my first aswell so listed all the things i know i will need to get.

3. amylw1

amylw1 my 3 boys in avatar. x

what do you have? that will help us help you with a list etc.

4. steph1505

steph1505 Well-Known Member

Hey there!! Mothercare have a grrrreat list of everything a mum to be needs for her baby!! U should have a look, its really quite good!!

5. louise1988

i have 3 outfits, 4 sleepsuits, 3 blankets, 4 scratch mits, 3 hats, 2 cardies, 4 bibs,bath towel, bath esentials, 5 vests, gettin moses basket and pram later on. x

6. amylw1

everyone will tell you different things.

car seat is essential. depending on if you want baby in clothes or babygrows during the day i would say a few more of them.

7. louise1988

yeah i think am gettin 3 more babygrows. i dont have a car! do ya think i shud start gettin 3 t 6 months clothes wen he/she born or soon? x

8. amylw1

i would leave them until nearer the time or even once born. unless you know what you are having and see an outfit etc that you really like.

i would get a couple of 0-3 as well as newborn, my eldest 7lb 6oz (classed as average weight) but there was nothing to him and newborn were too big, i had to get tiny baby, but within 2 weeks newborn were fine and by 4weeks he was in 0-3.

top/tail bowl isnt essential, but can be handy. changing mat i wouldnt be without - purely cos i have wooden floors and its softer for baby to lay on (as well as easy to clean if they do wee). baby monitor, not everyone wants 1 but i wouldnt be without mine.

i personally have quite a few boy/girl outfits at the moment as i dont know yet what i'm having, but i would rather have enough that i can change 2/3(+) times a day IF i have to and wash every couple days rather than having to wash saily as only 1 or 2 bits. plus you can leave bits in car (i know you said you dont have 1), in changing bag, at grannys etc and dont have to worry that you havent got a spare IF an accident happens.

at a guess i would say i have 15-20 vests and about the same in newborn baby grows/sleepsuits, 30+ bibs, loads of unisex socks and scratch mits and hats. maybe too much but as said i'd rather it that way.