Would a chemical pregnancy hinder IVF application?

LouiseB

Reaction score
Hello,

Yesterday i got some really bad news about my husbands sperm - too viscous, very low count and only 4% of the sperm move normally.

He needs to have a retest and then they will assess us for IVF.

The thing is that i think i might have had a chemical pregnancy - i'm trying to figure out if a test i did yesterday is positive, but i just got AF so if it is...

I'm trying to figure out if mentioning the chemical pregnancy will work in our favour or against us.

Will they take it to mean that even against all odds we manage to conceive that we can't hold onto them so we need IVF?

OR

Will they take it to mean that we can still get pregnant so they will delay our IVF even further to give nature more of a chance?

I reckon you're best not mentioning it. They're always eager to send you away to 'try for a bit longer'. Don't give them any rope to run away with.

I would not mention it tbh - you may never have known anyway if you didnt test, you know what i mean? :hugs:

Hey hun

We had a chemical before going for IVF - it didn't make any difference as we had MF infertility issues and it was highly unlikely that we would conceived naturally.

If you definitely got a positive line and you believe it was an early m/c, i would mention it to your FS purely because you don't know why it happened. Our IVF ended in early m/c and we are having blood tests to determine if there is a reason behind it - the FS felt that this was important due to our previous chemical combined with what happened this time. It could mean simply taking asprin or heprin(sp) so worth doing. Good luck :hugs:

p.s. we only had 1 million and it made no difference to our treatment - good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->