Would anyone completly new to this like to be buddies with me?

Hiya FrenchyMummy and Dinah93! Hurrah 2010 brides like me! Hubby and I have also been together 6 years. Hubby has been broody for probably 4 of those years :) , but I've only been ready over the last couple of months. We're easying me into it here in NTNP(!) and I'm very glad to find that there are lots of lovely ladies here on this part of the forum who are enjoying the relaxed approach. Look forward to getting to know you all. Nx

Am I too late? I'm a newbie and I'd like to throw my NTNP hat in this ring :) I'm Kail, and hail from scorching hot Arizona, my husband and I are not actively TTC, but it seems like I can't get babies off my mind. It's like I woke up one morning and that was all I could think about. I hope to share with everyone and get to know you all! Best

Hi Notnic! Did we marry the same man?! My husband has been talking about babies for as long as I can remember, he is obsessed with them! It took some convincing as I was a bit worried about the whole family thing, but lately all I can think about is babies. We started NTNP last August and now I am getting rather impatient so I am thinking of being a bit more active about it (without going TTC-crazy, of course!).

Kail-welcome here! I am only new myself and have found it very helpful to read everybody else's stories, I now feel like I am not on my own. I am from the cold UK myself, could kill to be in Arizona right now as the weather has been miserable!

Hope we all have/had a lovely day today, FM x

I've been goin a little overboard for ntnp :haha: but I stopped my bcp may2 had barely an AF, showed on time (only had real bleeding for like a day) & have been having cramps (lower than AF cramps & lighter, it's weird) on & off for about 5 days, maybe a week... They make me feel like I have to pee when I'm laying in bed :growlmad: Is there such thing as withdrawal cramps?:wacko: ordered some tests so if I *think* I might be O'ing I can at least have backup proof LOL.. Now I'm just waiting to see if my first AF off bcp shows up on time! :shrug: so driving myself insane until June 6! :wacko:

Slightly O/T, but I felt the need to share: My SIL has just had her baby! :) Really chuffed for her, and for the first time ever (and you might appreciate this FrenchyMummy!) I might actually be a bit broody. *LANDMARK MOMENT* !!!

NotNic: This is too funny! My cousin had her baby on Monday, a lovely baby girl who is perfect (and that's from someone who thinks newborn babies look like old people :) ) and seeing the photo I thought "oh oh, I think I quite fancy having a baby".
Guess we are slowly but surely getting there!

I guess we are! Personally I think babies look like angry prunes! Kittens make me go ahh, but babies - not so much! :haha: Looking forward to picking up some baby cuddling practice this weekend. Now if only I could have a pound for everytime someone is going to tell us that it's our turn next...

Lucky you! My cousin is back home, so I won't get to see the baby until August. Give your nephew/niece an extra cuddle from me! :)
My father in law actually said to me after 3 months of married life "are we having grandchildren yet" to which I replied "when we are ready, yes you will."
He then said that there was no point in getting married if we weren't having children starigth away!!

Well, I had been doing Natural family planning before we decided to just see what happens, (which is a form birth control naturally) basically you don't have sex when you O (ovulate) I am a expert at charting these days! lol and I know a lot of CM (cervical mucus) and CC (cervix checking) Well, pregnancy and birth in general. My mom is a midwife and my aunt is a doula. I am studying to be a doula someday too. And I have attended 6 births. (not including my own) :p I think it's really good to know your body and what's going on with it! Take charge! No one can tell you more about your body then you if you pay attention to your body and know your signs you can tell what's going on. I always say google it. If you don't know there are plenty of websites like webMD and fertilityfriend who have all kinds of tips and FAQs. I'm 22 and I live in Cali. If you have questions I don't mind helping find an answer. And I can always ask my mom!

PS. these are pretty good if you don't know much.
Learn Ovulation Tracking and Fertility Charting in 25 Minutes: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/videos.html

First of all: Hi everyone! I just came off my BCP a week ago. OH and I started NTNP the next day. We are going to start actively trying (if I don't get BFP in the mean time) in August for #1. We live in a very small town (population: 300!) in New England and have 12 animals (8 chickens, 2 bunnies, 1 cat, and 1 dog)!

I've been goin a little overboard for ntnp :haha: but I stopped my bcp may2 had barely an AF, showed on time (only had real bleeding for like a day) & have been having cramps (lower than AF cramps & lighter, it's weird) on & off for about 5 days, maybe a week... They make me feel like I have to pee when I'm laying in bed :growlmad: Is there such thing as withdrawal cramps?:wacko: ordered some tests so if I *think* I might be O'ing I can at least have backup proof LOL.. Now I'm just waiting to see if my first AF off bcp shows up on time! :shrug: so driving myself insane until June 6! :wacko:
I just wanted to say I have had weird symptoms since coming off BCP. I have been getting terrible hot flashes, bad cramps, hardened uterus (it was rock solid!), mood swings, and nausea. I had my withdrawal bleed but it lasted just like yours (just one actual day and then minor spotting). I've heard that coming off the pill can cause you to feel pregnant...which makes sense since that's how I feel.

Lucky you! My cousin is back home, so I won't get to see the baby until August. Give your nephew/niece an extra cuddle from me! :)
My father in law actually said to me after 3 months of married life "are we having grandchildren yet" to which I replied "when we are ready, yes you will."
He then said that there was no point in getting married if we weren't having children starigth away!!

Oh I will. They had their second daughter and her face is all mushed up and chubby! Definitely squeezable! :hugs: Can't wait to meet her tomorrow. We too got all the questions around the time we got married, but 4 months in SIL very helpfully announced her pregnancy (possibly the worst kept secret ever!) and the heat was off us for a while.

I never understand if all you really wanted is a baby, why you would go through all the trouble and expense of a wedding. Surely you should be saving your cash for nappies :wacko: I got married because I wanted to be married and have the day where I could celebrate with my f&f. Paying for my mates to get trolleyed just so I could be pg seems stupid to me!:shrug:

'Morning NotNic (yes, I am on here at 9.00am, crazy!)
I always said I wanted to first get married and then have children, it was the logical thing to do in my mind, but I never meant having children the minute I got married!! I like the time we are having together as a married couple, I like the holidays, I like being able to go out when we fancy, and I like the impromptu dinners after work. It is true that I am feeling more and more broody, but I am not desperate for one just yet. (I did buy ONE preconception book though, but I don't want to fall in the obsessive category)

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely time meeting your niece, my cousin just sent me another photo of her daughter and she has the cutest chin (the baby, not my cousin :haha:). Can't wait to meet her in the summer! The weather is getting better here, so might do some gardening this afternoon as all my plants are dying-let's hope I'll be better at taking care of a baby than I am with plants!!

Hiya. Hope you had a lovely afternoon in the sunshine FrenchyMummy. Had a lovely afternoon getting a dead arm from all the cuddles I had with my niece today. She was very cute, and apparently I have the knack in getting her to sleep. Lets hope I don't lose that skill before I have my own! Was funny seeing OH with her. He looked very proud and interested for all of about 5 minutes, before he discovered that he could watch the Heineken Cup from the TV in the hospital! xx

Hello there! your post made me laugh, I can totally imagine my husband doing exactly the same! when he first went to France to meet my family, he looked for somewhere to watch an England match before wondering how he was going to cope with all non-English speakers! :haha:
We had a lovely weekend here, caught up with some friends yesterday, one of them pregnant, the other one with a 5 yr old daughter and a 9 month old baby, and a girl I hadn't met before, who of course, had a baby too: we were totally outnumbered.. My friend gave me the biggest hug afterwards and said I had been very brave. It touched me so much I almost cried.
Anyway, back to good old work tomorrow, it will keep my mind off things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->