Would anyone completly new to this like to be buddies with me?

NotNic

Mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
Hiya,

I wondered if anyone completely and utterly new to this would like to be buddies and swap silly questions and support?

In true Blind Date style, I suppose I better tell you who I am: I'm NotNic, I'm 28 and I'm from Greater London! **audience wooh** :D I haven't had any children before. I came of BCP last month, and I guess that I'm just about to start my first proper cycle. I'm completly clueless about all the charting etc. so I'm going with the 'enjoy my hubby' approach and letting nature take control for a change. I know that there is a 'first timer' thread in TTC, but since I'm doing the old fashioned approach (until recently I hadn't really twigged that people properly charted unless they were having problems) I thought it might be nice to make friends with other ladies in the same boat.

So a la Cilla Black: What's your name and where d'ya come from?! :haha:

Hi there NotNic,

I'm GardenOfEdens (or GOE for short as dubbed by the other ladies on the forum!) and I recently turned 27. I live in sunny California in the US and haven't had any children though I've wanted them since I was 16-17 years old. I'm on my second cycle off birth control (Mirena IUD) and am charting my temps and CM. I hadn't heard of charting temps until I started posting here in March and wanted to learn everything I could about it because I thought it was fascinating. I'm also charting because I haven't had a proper period since I was about 17 thanks to birth control. We're not charting to time DTD or ovulation or anything other than for me to learn about my body and cycle and this month I've been very relaxed about it.

So, not exactly as relaxed and laid back as you, but would love another buddy! :)

Welcome and I like your Cilla style introduction, but where is Graham with our quick reminder? :haha: (Sorry, I used to love that show.)

I am Omi and I live in Derby with my husband, our one year (and 1 day) old son, our two Labrador's and cat. My husband works full-time night shifts and looks after our son in the day while I am at university (unfortunately he does not do quite enough to keep up with work while I am at home). I got married in July 2007 and got pregnant not long after (maybe a week or two before the wedding, I am not 100% sure) but at the 12 week scan found out I had had a MMC and then we tried not long after than and in 2008 I had my second MMC and did not want to try right away then. I went back to Uni and started a psychology degree which (although I was not bad at it) I hated and I took a year out after the first year to have my son which was a rough pregnancy but worth it. I then went back to Uni when my son was 4 months old to do a joint honours degree in English and Media Writing (it sounds like a doss subject but it is actually hard work) but did not like the English side so swapped it for Popular culture and media (which is primarily sociology classes). I have just had my first 'real' period while breastfeeding but we are NTNP in the sense that we are not DTD any more than normal but not using contraception, we will not be actively TTC until the end of my last year at Uni but we will just be DTD every 1-2 days when we do, that is what we did the other 3 times and we got a BFP the first month each time despite me being irregular.

That was more like my life story than a quick introduction wasn't it. :dohh:

Hello!

I'll be your shiny, all knew to TTC, no knowledge buddy haha! I'm Natasha, 19 and from Edinburgh. My implant came out today so we are officially TTC a sibling for our little girl Summer! So what may attract you to me? Well I know NOTHING about charts, heck I know nothing about ovulation. I know how to have sex (oh yes I do) and I know I get a period on the 13th of every month but that's it. So yeah, fair to say I know nothing!

I'm as brand spanking new as you :flower:

I'm Ellbee, 32 from Durham.
I teach in a local secondary school and love my job (bizarre eh!)
I am originally from Scotland and move to England to study- firstly Manchester and then once I qualified I taught around the North West for a few years then moved to Durham.

I met my husband here, we have been together 6 years and married for nearly 2 years (1st Aug).

We are hoping we can add to our family soon so we are just dtd lots and hoping nature will be kind to us! I've been quite shocked about how many people chart, test ovulation etc too, I honestly must have been very wet behind my ears!

Nice to meet you all- it's quite scary when you're new here!!

Welcome and I like your Cilla style introduction, but where is Graham with our quick reminder? :haha: (Sorry, I used to love that show.)

That was more like my life story than a quick introduction wasn't it. :dohh:

:haha: I loved Blind Date too! Saturday night TV is nowhere near as good as it used to be!

Life stories are good too Omi! I feel like I've short changed you with my background. Fingers crossed we get a nice "Surprise, Surprise" and enjoy a "lorra, lorra laughs" along the way. **B&B UK Ladies Groan** :wacko: :haha:

Hiya Everyone!!! Thanks for your replies. Some of them have really made me chuckle to myself! Though probably not the best thing to do when I've logged on at work and hoping to keep my NTTP'ing to myself.:dohh: (Though I do look after a team of 11 men, so pretty unlikely they'd notice unless they spot the site name, or I come in with a gigantic belly...)

It's very nice to feel a bit more at home with buddies and looking forward to keeping in touch with you. Nx

I probably should say in case anyone is worried, that contrary to the evidence here, I'm not some loony obsessed with Cilla Black! Though her talent as an entertainer has been rather under appreciated recently.... :)

Hiiii! I'm brand new to the whole thing too... I'm Ashlee, 24 (gonna be 25 on the 16th!) I'm from just south of Boston, MA & just moved to Wichita, Kansas... I just stopped BCP Monday & we're seeing "what happens" :winkwink: :haha: I'm hoping that we have a least a couple months before any BFP :thumbup: Never even saw myself having children until I met my husband & all this TCC stuff is super new to me!!

Hey NotNic, I'm also keeping my
NTNP to myself to avoid the constant "any news?" questioning I have seen when others are making it known they are trying.

I'm trying but not sure how good a job I'm doing. Most of my conversations turn into one about babies, pregnancy etc. I really need to start 'playing it cool'! :D

hehe, you're going to give yourself away in no time! :)

i expect that as soon as our wedding passes we'll start getting the comments about when a little one is on the way. no one knows we're already trying (in the tww of cycle 2 right now) but they all know i've been wanting a baby since i was a teenager so i'm sure they've figured out we'll start trying as soon as the wedding passes!!

Hi NotNic and everyone!

I'm 25. I'll graduate from college this December with a business degree. I met my fiance 3 yrs ago and we've been engaged and living together for a year in the Southwest US. We live in a place where "yall" is very common, so if I say that, please excuse me. :smug: We're getting married this month or next, whenever we can manage to get away to Las Vegas. We gave up on planning a wedding.

He just recently told me that he wants to have a baby in the next couple years and if we get pregnant now he would be happy. Since I've been feeling especially "motherly" for the past 6 months (but I've been wanting a baby for a few years), I was ecstatic that he said that, but at the same time I was just getting used to the idea of being childless for at least 5 more years. So at this point, we're not trying-not preventing and just seeing what happens for now. We haven't told anyone yet, although I'm not sure how we should say out of the blue, "We're having unprotected sex."

I know very little about trying to conceive. When I'm on this forum, I have to keep the list of Lingo and Abbreviations open and handy so I'll know what everyone is saying. I'm still very confused about the charts.

Hi NotNic and everyone!

We haven't told anyone yet, although I'm not sure how we should say out of the blue, "We're having unprotected sex."

QUOTE]

:haha: Very true! It's not really a conversation starter over a family dinner!

Hiya Kekasmai and Marini_Mare! Looking forward to keeping in touch with your journeys too.

Just wondering, is anyone else starting to convince themselves they might already be pregnant? I'm pretty certain it's all in my head, but I am sitting at work convincing myself that tiredness, back pains, aches etc. are all key signs that I am. Logical brain says they're probably to do with coming down with a bug, sleeping funny and some enthusiastic gym work, plus it's far too early in my cycle anyway! This is why I am in NTTP. I would be a fruit loop if I got hooked on TTC and started to watch and check absolutely everything! :winkwink:

Hiya all,
Im new to this NTNP thing too!!
My df and i met 9years ago at school (im 23)due to get married in october in cyprus and we offically started NTNP last night i took my last bc pill yesterday!
I have a son whos 7 months old,
Thing is i dont really want to be 5 months pregnant on my wedding day as i love my dress and i would like to fit into it!lol!
but it took us years and we lost 3 babies so we just thought that we would just leave it to fate up untill the wedding then we will TTC properly if theres no bfp untill then!
We are expecting this to be another long road to get a sibling for our lo!
Im also keeping this to myself as i dont want families opions that it may be too soon or questions if iam or not, also because of my history we dont usally tell untill we know for sure if its a thumbs up or thumbs down!!!
Last time i was into books and microscopes and checking mucus and ov tests and all that it becomes not fun for either of us, so this time im determind not to get like that again!!
Good luck ladies!!! x

So sorry for your losses and congrats on your engagement. OH and I are engaged to be married 6/25 and started NTNP when I had my IUD removed 3/4/11. I had my first dress fitting today for alterations and luckily don't need any so just getting the train bustled and have my final fitting on 6/8. :) Super excited! :happydance:

Just wondering, is anyone else starting to convince themselves they might already be pregnant? I'm pretty certain it's all in my head, but I am sitting at work convincing myself that tiredness, back pains, aches etc. are all key signs that I am. Logical brain says they're probably to do with coming down with a bug, sleeping funny and some enthusiastic gym work, plus it's far too early in my cycle anyway! This is why I am in NTTP. I would be a fruit loop if I got hooked on TTC and started to watch and check absolutely everything! :winkwink:

I know how you feel. I'm at odds with myself because I don't want to obsess over this but I can't help but think that any symptom I have is because I'm pregnant. Today I felt an extreme tiredness that I have never felt before. Such a weird tiredness. I could barely stay awake all day, but if I laid down I couldn't sleep. Extreme tiredness is one sign of pregnancy, but my tiredness could be because I'm on a 5 week vacation from everything and my sleep schedule is out of whack--meaning that I'm sleeping all day and staying up all night. My weird sleeping habit could be catching up with me, or it could be a lack of sunlight, or it could be pregnancy, or it could be anything else. I won't know until I take a pregnancy test, but I don't want to waste the money on one 'til I'm more confident that it will be positive.

Ah GOE, congratulations!! I was a June bride (5th) last year. It is such a lovely time of year to get married. Enjoy every moment. My top tip is to tell your whole bridal party exactly what needs to be done. I left instructions for my venue who managed to lose them. Because I was having my make up done and couldnt go anywhere, my Mum, Dad, Aunt and Bridesmaids ended up running around like headless chickens!

Welcome Cherry22. An exciting year ahead too for you! xx I want to be a bride again too

I'll be your buddy. I'm Dinah, 26 from Cleveland (UK not US). We got married last September, DH was keen to start trying straight away but I wanted at least a little peace and quiet after all the wedding hassle before embarking on a new project. So we settled on doing up a wreak of a house. Now that's nearly finished we're TTC in a very newly wedded way - we've hardly missed a days practice since tying the knot, and I don't care what the fertility charts say about storing it up we'll cut down once morning sickness and achy backs kick in (or 6 times nightly feeds and dirty nappies) and not before!

I love to travel, hubby being Irish would love to travel to much cooler places than I do. I didn't do the gap year thing but a MSc instead to get a better career as I like travelling in style, bugs and dirt freak me out! We went to Dubai last year which I loved to bits and he nearly passed out in as soon as he went outside. Also the Maldives for honeymoon (far too much sitting about and not enough to do for our liking as it turns out) and we're going to New York for a week this September for our 1 year anniversary. Squeezing in all the good holidays before we need a few years of shorter distance family ones. Have a very close family, live 10 miles from my parents and brother and we're going on a multi-generational family 2 weeks in a villa in France this summer (grandad, parents, brother & gf me & hubby) and its a tiny hope of mine I can tell them the 4th generation is on the way too. It'll be the only explanation as to why I keep turning down a glass of wine!

I got my implant out on Thursday (boy was that a fun process, they booked me in for a STD test not an implant removal and me and the nurse were talking at complete odds till we realised!) which I think means we probably missed ovulation this month. And that's about as in depth as I go, I plan to keep an eye on when TOTM is due and when I'm most likely to be fertile, but other than that I'm only going to invest in a themometer and making charts if 6 months down the road the having fun approach isn't getting us anywere.

Hi there! I am completely new too, signed up on Thursday or Wednesday last week. I am 31 and married since last year, with husband for 6 years.
We have been "trying but not really" since last August, and getting a tiny bit impatient now-I thought I knew it all as far as babymaking was concerned, then had a look at the TTC forum and almost collapsed with the pile of info provided!! Hopefully we will all get baby-lucky in 2011. Fingers and Toes crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->