Would I be able to return these?

mumj18

Reaction score
Bought a pair of boots in New Look a couple of weeks ago. Brown suede knee high types and OMG my poor feet. Last night was the first time I'd worn them and they were actually so painful. They're made I suppose like a plastic shoe inside covered over with the material which also goes up the leg. The plastic shoe is like a razor. Every step I took was another slice off each heel. Think I'm now a size 5 actually. No they weren't the world finest and most expensive boots but they weren't Primark £15 numbers either they cost £40 so I expect to be able to wear them for a two hour shopping trip without wanting to cut my legs off.

I don't have the receipt anymore but in my eyes they're not fit for the purpose they're intended which is walking!

Any thoughts? X

Unsure as I thought you couldn't return shoes if you have worn them?

You could always take them back and say you have lost your receipt. They may give you a credit note instead.

Or did you pay on card? If so it will be on your statement.

Sorry this made me laugh a little bit the way it's written :haha: I'd go and complain and demand your money back :flower:

I think its different because its not like I just changes my mind about them, they're basically a weapon of torture lol.

Will give it a go today and see how I get on. May have to get the welts in my heels out as evidence. Sure that'll go down well haha x

It's worth a try because as you say, the shoes aren't fit for purpose if they're causing you so much pain. Hope you manage to get your money back! :D

I'll be interested to hear what happens hun cos sometimes shoes are reallllly uncomfertable but u don't know about it till you've worn them for a bit I.e a bit more than just tried them on. I've had a few pairs like that but only cheap flatties so I've thrown them away

If they were from Clarkes then you could return them as they have comfort guaranteed but not sure about New Look, always worth a try though.

Id be surprised if you could return them due to your reason BUT why dont you rip them a little bit and say they are faulty instead?

You will need to provide proof of purchase though for a refund.

Good Luck :flower:

I wouldn't of thought so. I've never had good service from new look, the shoes n boots are all terrible quality

I would try, but wouldn't be all that surprised if they refused to accept the return. If you don't ask you don't get though :flower:

Id be surprised if you could return them due to your reason BUT why dont you rip them a little bit and say they are faulty instead?

To me this is wrong. If you're entitled you'll get your money back. If not you're frauduletly causing the business to lose money.

Did they hurt when you tried them on? I'd explain there is something sharp in them that is hurting you. There could be a seam or covering missing. Fingers crossed.

Yup got credit note as didn't have receipt as friend had paid with them with card along with her things so I could get her student discount. Result.

BUT, get this, went in today and there they were for sale!!!! Defs them as the bottom you could tell was used. X x

I have literally had this with every single pair of shoes I've ever bought from New Look. Least comfy shoes EVER.

Glad you sorted, have to say though I love New Look shoes. I must have funny feet lol

I have literally had this with every single pair of shoes I've ever bought from New Look. Least comfy shoes EVER.

Yep same here, look nice, feel awful! I keep thinking its just the particular shoe but I've resigned to knowing new looks shoes are horrid comfort-wise!

I've always been fine with their heels but their flat shoes are always sore. Thought the boots might be ok as got a v comfortable pair a couple of years ago. These were horrendous though and ow every other pair of shoes I wear is rubbing on the sore bit. Not fun!

I love new look shoes!! Guess everyone is different
glad you got the result yoy wanted

i would class them as a fault. if it was me i would take them back and ask for your money back xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->