Would it be ok?..

I started my baby on solids round 4 and half months, the guideline is to wait until 6 months but LO always threw a fuss when everyone was round the table eating and she wasn't invited.

I started off with a couple spoons of baby rusk, then put her on baby rice and now baby porridge - i feed her once a day usually in the mornings. Im going to start her on veggies and fruit round 6 months x

It is precisely that weaning earlier has done harm to our generation that guidelines changed. AFAIAC, scientific evidence ( and we're talking hundreds of studies, not just a few) outweighs motherly instincts in this instance.

My daughter watches us eat, she even makes chewing movements with her mouth. She can sit pretty well and she can fairly competently bring objects to her mouth. I'm not going to wean her yet because I know that in a few weeks she'll be sitting better and her hand/eye co ordination will be better, but mainly because I don't want to risk her having digestive problems later on. Plus, having weaned three other children, I know what a faff it is so want to BLW this time.

It sounds like you know what your talking about then so i will take your advice on board, thanks hun! :flower:

Early weening seems to be such a minefield but I think you know your baby best if you think shes ready then go for it. My friend was advised to start giving her little boy some babyrice as he was so hungry and at 4 & half months was showing signs of being ready.

Every baby is different and develops differently. My lo is nearly 15 weeks (although he had to be delivered early so technically he's only 11 weeks) so Im not thinking about weening yet I planned to start at 6 months.

I think you should do what you feel is right. Weening to me means stopping milk and only solids which shouldnt be done for quite a while like someone said milk should always be the bulk of the meals for babies till age one. Im excited to give my son solids as well. He will be three months old in a few days so next week I plan on adding a little cereal to his milk. Doctor said it was fine since his reflux. Then on christmas when he will be four months old I plan on letting him try sweet potatoes. If he doesnt like them or seems to not eat right then we will wait longer but I doubt it cause he already mocks us when we eat, can sit up assisted, and pretty good with sticking things in his mouth on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->