Would it make me a bad Mother if..

Jcliff

Reaction score
In November (Baby will be 5 months old), I went away for one night and left baby with Grandma and Grandpa? My good friend is getting married and having a mini shower/bachlorette I would really like to attend! I truly dont want to lose my friends and sense of fun just because Im a new Mother. But i still feel guilty and baby not even born yet! :(

No but I can tell you you won't want to lol I panic everytime the girls go lol I understand what you mean about losing friends and sence of fun :/ its hard

Just see how you feel once LO is here. If you feel OK going then do it! As long as LO is well looked after then of course you're not a bad mother :)

Of corse not! Just because your a new mother doesn't mean you can't have a break.
And if your planning on breast feeding just express and leave it in the fridge.

I know how your feeling cause a month after I've given birth, it will be my birthday and my family and friends want to take me for my first big night out but I don't think I'll be ready, and I'll feel guilty about leaving my baby with my sister.

Don't feel bad, you'll want time away too x

No it wouldn't make you a bad mother at all Hun! Go for it, you will miss your LO immensely, but it'll be worth it for feeling like "you" again for a night and feeling proud of yourself for leaving LO for a night. It was really tough the first time I did it (around the same age) but I found it not so bad and the grandparents had a whale of a time!

Do it :thumbup:

it is okay to go away, plus you are leaving baby in such good hands, don't even stress it. You will def. need some time away from mommy duty. some mothers r way too attached & can't do it, but im hoping i wont be one those. me and hubby want to plan a getaway somewhere tropical in winter when baby will be like 6-7 months. leaving the baby with grandmothers i totally trust it.

6 weeks after lo is due I'm going to a no children invited wedding and staying overnight at the hotel (don't drive, miles away, etc etc) so baby will be staying with my mum and step dad. You're still allowed to be you! A few weeks after that I'm going to another no children wedding, but this time as a bridesmaid, so my mum will have her again then. I know it will be hard leaving her, but a night out doesn't make you a bad mother. xx

No way! First couple times you will worry the whole time but then after a few it will be a very nice get away. It's nice for your sanity and also good for baby as well. Keeping my friends has always been important to me and I don't think that's selfish or neglectful to baby. Go have fun! If you can :)

It wont make you a bad mother at all - you need time for yourself!

I will say though i found it very difficult leaving my kids with anyone until they were at least 2 (to be fair there's still times i hate doing it now and they are 9 and 6 years old!)

OMG NO... of course it doesnt...

were still adults and need some time for us...

me and OH one year wedding anniversary is in September andd bubs will be only 3 months and a bit and my mum and dad are baby sitting so we can go to our place we went for our first night married:)

i know ill miss him but it will be nice to have a night just me and dh :)

I agree with the others! Your allowed to be you and a mummy at the same time!!

A bunch of babies are sent to daycare at that age on a daily basis. Don't feel bad for leaving your kid that one time.

my baby will be 5 months old when my best friend gets married, it's also my husbands friends so my mil has offered to take the baby for the weekend which we will take her up on, breaks my heart cause baby will be 65km away but I feel confident as mil done a good job raising her own kids xx
you have nothing to feel guilty about hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"