Would like people to keep their opinions on names to themselves!!!!!!!

Cattie

Reaction score
Living with the in-laws at the moment, they had all the family over for lunch and were asking about names for the Wriggler. I said I wouldn't tell them, as me and OH only have one we both agree on and I don't think they'd like it - more to the point I couldn't actually care less but OH would.

So, after much badgering, they got my second and third choice out of me, having mentioned them both (Edith and Agnes) and seeing my face when they'd said how much they hated them. I know it shouldn't make me cross but it REALLY does! I just feel like now if we do decide to use either name it'll seem like we've done it to annoy them. But if they weren't going to like the answer they should never have flipping well asked!!!!!!!!

Sorry...just needed a rant!

im so with you on this one, i was discussing names with inlaws a while back and it caused so much stress!
me and dh finally came up with a name (on our own) and they made no secret about hating it! they would go on and on and in all honesty i do think it put us of a bit in the end.
We have since fell head over heals in love with a name now and im making damn sure they dont find out about it, the problem is they want to be involved in the naming so i know they will not like what we have chosen as they havnt had a say in it, so this one is staying well and truely under wraps until baby is here and then its tough s**t! lol

People are so rude! Bil doesn't like the name we picked for our son but that's mostly cuz its out of the bible (the other day he told dh he'd give him $5 to make his middle name ark so it would be noah ark) my cousin didn't like the name noah because when she worked at a day care there was a little boy named noah and he was really gross about thing or something

my grandma complained about dd2 name because its so long gabriella marie pepperdine. Its long but she mostly goes by gabbie so its not like she has to learn gabriella right away.

I tell everyone to shove it. When someone asks something ii tell them right away if you don't like it don't say anything

People are so rude! Bil doesn't like the name we picked for our son but that's mostly cuz its out of the bible (the other day he told dh he'd give him $5 to make his middle name ark so it would be noah ark) my cousin didn't like the name noah because when she worked at a day care there was a little boy named noah and he was really gross about thing or something

my grandma complained about dd2 name because its so long gabriella marie pepperdine. Its long but she mostly goes by gabbie so its not like she has to learn gabriella right away.

I tell everyone to shove it. When someone asks something ii tell them right away if you don't like it don't say anything

I think Noah is going to be our name if we have a boy and I've been getting exactly the same.

My dad and brother have asked why we've gone biblical, erm we haven't we just like the name! All the comment have made me question the name though, which is annoying because we don't have an alternative.

I'm finding it odd that people are getting such negative reactions to the name Noah, everyone in our lives adores our son's name! Or maybe they don't buy they only found out once he'd arrived and I think once you get to that point they don't say anything :haha:

We haven't told anyone our next little boy will be Milo for this very reason. We love the name so couldn't care less what people think and don't want their opinions.

Precisely why i havent told anyone our names!
Think they might remember theyv heard it before as it was our girls name last time round but by the time they find out (after she's born) it'l be too late for them to stick their oar in.
I cant believe some people are so rude tho, i saw on here that a ladies friend had asked what the babies name would be and when she was told said she thought it was a dogs name!!! Wtf?? How bloody rude can people be! (that story is prob not 100% right, it was a bit ago and i have baby brain but its close enough!!)

I'm finding it odd that people are getting such negative reactions to the name Noah, everyone in our lives adores our son's name! Or maybe they don't buy they only found out once he'd arrived and I think once you get to that point they don't say anything :haha:

We haven't told anyone our next little boy will be Milo for this very reason. We love the name so couldn't care less what people think and don't want their opinions.

I love the name Milo - it was on my list but o/h veto'd it :(

I've only told my parents and brother - wish I hadn't bothered!

We aren't telling anyone our dd will be called Elodie because it is so unusual but we love it and think it is beautiful and once she is born nobody else can say anything to change it :)

Girlinyork - I think Elodie is a stunning name!

:) Thanks! So do I :) I love Edith and its abbreviation Edie x

Think they might remember theyv heard it before as it was our girls name last time round but by the time they find out (after she's born) it'l be too late for them to stick their oar in.
I cant believe some people are so rude tho, i saw on here that a ladies friend had asked what the babies name would be and when she was told said she thought it was a dogs name!!! Wtf?? How bloody rude can people be! (that story is prob not 100% right, it was a bit ago and i have baby brain but its close enough!!)

I went threw something very close to this! When we told people we would be naming our daughter Arianna, Aria for short, a family friend said she always wanted that name for a dog and that she was going to get a dog & name her that before my LO was born so I would have to change it.

I went threw something very close to this! When we told people we would be naming our daughter Arianna, Aria for short, a family friend said she always wanted that name for a dog and that she was going to get a dog & name her that before my LO was born so I would have to change it.

Oh my God- how bloody rude is that! I wouldn't be seeing that person against she did that to me. Some people are just weird and rude.
Arianna is a beautiful name by the way.

Oh my God- how bloody rude is that! I wouldn't be seeing that person against she did that to me. Some people are just weird and rude.

I love the name! Luckily she got a dog but her daughter put up a huge fight and they didn't chose that name which was a relief !

I love the name! Luckily she got a dog but her daughter put up a huge fight and they didn't chose that name which was a relief !

Omgosh! She was actually going to do it!

Some people are truly insane :wacko: Who would want to do that?!

Omgosh! She was actually going to do it!

Mummi2be, if you had posted that on here it may very well have been you i meant, sorry i didnt remember it 100% lol!
Arianna is one of the prettiest names i'v heard, i really like it :flower:

I agree it's a gorgeous name! Way too WOW for a dog!

I can totally relate, I really wish we had never told anyone our name choices! All of my friends dislike our first choice, Kadence... It stinks bc as much as I'd like to pretend it doesn't bother me, it does stick in the back of my mind a bit and I almost start second guessing it even tho my husband and I love it! One of my friends said it sounded snobby, another just wrinkles her nose when I say it and keeps trying to come up with other names. It's annoying to say the least. Arianna is beautiful by the way, it was one of our other choices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->