Would love some reassurance - few pregnancy symptoms 7 weeks along

Christi85

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I've only posted in the LTTC forums here before. I'm currently pregnant, but due to my previous history, I'm extra nervous and worried. So I'd love some reassurance.

A little background info: I had difficulty getting pregnant at first. It took something like 16 cycles of trying and I worked with a Reproductive Endocrinologist who ran a ton of tests and diagnosed me with some issues, none of which however could explain my difficulty getting pregnant with any degree of certainty. I did get pregnant in the end with the help of acupuncture and herbs, but sadly, it was a blighted ovum (empty sac), for which I had a D&C back in August. Allowed my body time to heal, so didn't TTC for 3-4 cycles, and in the meantime changed to a different acupuncturist who would give me custom herbs etc. I fell pregnant again the first month we seriously TTCed, and here I am today 7 weeks&3 days along (or, based on my scan, 7 weeks&2 days).

So far things have been fine. My beta HCG was rising well at the beginning of the pregnancy, and I had an early scan at 6 weeks&2 days from LMP which showed a yolk sac and a tiny fetus measuring 6mm with a heartbeat. Based on that, I was dated at 6 weeks&1 day at the time. My doctor said he doesn't like to measure the heartbeat this early on, and that they only care about the presence or not of a heartbeat at that point. I'm going back next week (when I'll be 8+ weeks along) for a more comprehensive scan and to actually measure the heartbeat.

So, with all this said, I'm very worried about my lack of symptoms, especially nausea. I keep thinking this means something may go wrong/is going wrong/isn't developing right. I've only had very occasional mild nausea maybe 1-2 days a week ever since my pregnancy was confirmed, and even then, it only lasts from a few minutes to a couple hours max. My breasts had been very sore and constantly growing for several days, though in the last two days they are not as sore anymore. Still as swollen as before though. I also seem to get symptoms that come and go. For example, at the beginning of the 6th week I was extremely hungry all the time, but that only lasted for 2 days and then went away. This week I've had a couple of days when I was very sleepy throughout the day, but today I woke up feeling much more rested. I never quite had frequent urination so far, but throughout weeks 5 and 6 I would wake up every night in the middle of the night with a bursting bladder. Now that seems to have eased off too. One night earlier this week I had heartburn, but that was the only time that happened. The list goes on...

I can't help but worry that something is wrong with my pregnancy, especially with my previous history. I really don't 'feel pregnant' most of the time. Most people say that their symptoms started really strong around week 6, but I haven't had that. Mine are mild most of the time and they tend to come and go quickly. The lack of nausea is especially worrisome to me. Weird thing is, in my last pregnancy which was a blighted ovum, I started having food aversions around week 6 that only got worse with time, and around week 7 I got bad nausea (no vomiting though) that went on until I had my D&C at 9 weeks. So my symptoms were actually stronger than this time around. At the time I was reassured that meant all was going well, only to go to my first scan at 7.5 weeks along to be told I had an empty sac.

I would love some reassurance from ladies with similar experiences - few and mild pregnancy symptoms in the first trimester, but still viable and healthy pregnancies. Good luck to everyone - strong and healthy babies to all of us!

Don't stress too much. I've already seen my baby's heartbeat and haven't had any reason to worry so far. I'm 10 weeks and my boobs were never very sore at all. I don't think they've grown at all either. Lots of times, I forget that I'm even pregnant because I don't "feel" pregnant...until bedtime when I feel like a bloated beached whale for some reason...

I was concerned about my lack of nausea too but then I started throwing up every single day and felt pretty silly about worrying and couldn't understand why anybody would WANT morning sickness or go through this for more than one pregnancy. It was probably the worst for me during week 8 and it was usually just hacking up stomach bile in the morning. Some people have it throughout the whole pregnancy, some people never have it at all, some people have it during the first trimester only, some people don't have it until the second trimester...it just depends!
If you're noticing the symptoms and they're there...then they're there, period. Once they get worse, you'll start wishing you enjoyed when they weren't so bad!

You're going to see this a lot - and that's that every person and every pregnancy is different. When I was pregnant with twins (R.I.P.), I was super nauseous all day every day and couldn't go to work. I never threw up though. Right now, with one baby, I only had morning sickness for a couple weeks and I threw up A LOT. The things I can't stand to smell are completely different than last time too.

Your boobs are probably not sore because they stopped growing. Consider the soreness as growing pains for your boobs.

Some days you'll be exhausted and other days you won't.

Try to relax and enjoy not being hunched over the sink or toilet.

Try to relax (I know easier said than done). Every pregnancy is different, and any combination of symptoms, or their absence is no indication of how likely you are to have a successful pregnancy.

During my first pregnancy I had barely a single symptom. No nausea, no excessive hunger, no extreme tiredness, and the few I did have seemed to fade after a couple of weeks. It worried me so much but everything was fine and I had a healthy baby. This time I am getting very nauseous, very tired, very hungry...and I still worry.

During the first tri your hormones are fluctuating so much it is perfectly possible to have symptoms for a couple of days and then for them to disappear. You'll probably find them reappearing again at some point.

Your past experience must make it very difficult to trust what's going on, but your body is doing everything right and whether it is a successful pregnancy or not, there's nothing you can actively to influence what will happen.

Best of luck to you for a happy and healthy 9 months!

I am so with you! I am 7w1d and I just don't "feel pregnant" I have hardly had any nausea and my sore boobs aren't as sore today, still sore though.. I had alot of drooling around 5-6 weeks that is pretty much gone now. I was waking up in the night to pee last week, but not this week.. Also I'm not as hungry as often as I was... It is like I'm loosing symptoms.. I am worrying myself to death! I had a CP last year and this is my first preg since. I have been ttc for over 5 years and it is just hard for me to grasp that I may actually be preg..

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I completely understand your worries and I have posted similar threads on these boards. Since I got my BFP, none of my symptoms have been incredibly strong, just there enough for me to notice them. Also, my symptoms come and go a lot! Like days with nothing and then a couple days with symptoms and then days with nothing.

Symptoms I have had:
*mild constipation
*very mild nausea, often in the middle of the night, or if I was too full/too hungry
*sore boobs/nipples - only a couple weeks
*tired - varied in intensity
*bloating - pants haven't closed comfortably (or at all) in weeks

I think those are the main ones. I saw baby just over a week ago, developing nicely with a strong heartbeat. I am 10 weeks exactly today. I noticed the bulk of my symptoms really kick in around 6 1/2 weeks, but again they were not crazy strong, just there enough to notice them.

As your hormones fluctuate and even out, your body will react differently than others. I compare it to PMS. All women (well, most) get a period if they are not pregnant. But everyone gets PMS/AF symptoms differently if at all. Everyone responds differently to hormones and changes in their body. I am lucky I have not been completely miserable, even though I do enjoy that bad days because it helps to reassure me that things are happening in there. I'd stay positive, you saw a heartbeat and that is great news!

Thank you so much ladies! You're absolutely right - symptoms or lack thereof don't mean anything either way.

MamaLoCo - I think I would actually hate to be vomiting all the time, especially if it interrupted my ability to work (I'm self employed, so if I don't work, I don't get paid!), so you're totally right. But I wouldn't say no to a little nausea a little more often. Just for reassurance until I'm further along and can feel the baby :flower:

Pixxi - your story is very reassuring. Interesting that you are still worried even though you have many more symptoms than the first time. Best of luck to you too!!

Wantabby - I know, having a previous failed pregnancy, especially if combined with a history of having a difficulty getting pregnant (I hate the word infertility - it feels so negative to me, I try not to use it :winkwink:) makes you feel like the stakes are so much higher! Like, it has to work this time because if it doesn't, you don't know when and if it may happen again. Still though, I think we should both try to be reassured that all is probably well, unless there is serious evidence suggesting otherwise (e.g. a bad scan or symptoms of a miscarriage). We seem to be very close in our dates, so here's to hoping that both of us will get to hold our first babies sometime in September! :flower:

wonders10 - thank you so much! Best of luck in your pregnancy too! You sound like me - I may go days with nothing, and then a couple days with some symptoms, then nothing again. It's great to know other women have the same experience!

I wouldn't worry--- my first pregnancy with my twin boys, I hardly had anything happen, maybe got sick once (from a migraine) and boobs were slightly sore for he first 6 weeks? But really nothing at all!

And this time I'm 6+3 and my boobs are slightly sore, but besides that... The occasional nausea if I don't eat enough or if I eat too much! But again, nothing that screams PREGNANT!

And I had an US today, baby has a heart beat of 123 and is measuring right on track!

Good luck!! And just relax and enjoy not puking! Haha

Thank you 1moreforme - great to know that you weren't particularly sick carrying twins. Twin pregnancies are supposed to be worse symptoms-wise with higher HCG and all.

Good luck with your pregnancy as well!

I'm much more relaxed now reading your stories. And patiently waiting for my next ultrasound appointment next Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->