Would this be crazy?

Discussion in 'Teenage Parenting' started by Lovelymummy, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

So right now I'm living in NYC with the kids by myself (FOB and I aren't together and he basically lets me make decisions) with some help from my current boyfriend who loves kids but can't see himself as a dad in the long term :( which is a shame since his mom babysits. Verity was born in Holland but we moved back shortly after and Fletcher was born here. I really want to go back since there isn't much here for us and I think I found a job/apartment in The Hague :happydance: would we be crazy to actually go?

2. Lucy22

Lucy22 Mama,Daddy & 2 Princesses

If you want to, are able to afford it financially and think the kids will settle there then I don't really see a reason why you couldn't? Only you can decide if its the right thing or not though.

3. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

Anything would be financially better than what I make now, it just seems like a good time since they're little and not settled with school and stuff.

4. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

I think we might go for it! I got an email from the job coordinator saying that I was granted an interview so we'll see how that works out :).

5. lily123

lily123 Mammy <3

I think it's probably a good idea.
    If you're wanting to move eventually, it's better you move the kids now before they get settled in school.xx

6. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

I think if I get the job we'll do it! rent is SO much cheaper there for way better housing, government paid daycare and health insurance and I'd have a job that I didn't hate.

7. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

It's just a bit terrifying to think about moving countries by myself with two kids.

8. lily123

lily123 Mammy <3

Yeah i can imagine, but it'll be worth it :)

9. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

I hope so! it'll definitely be an adventure.

10. bbyno1

bbyno1 Well-Known Member

If i was you i would probably go!
    Especially if you have a job waiting for and you with the rent being alot cheaper.

11. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

It be working as an assistant to an event planner which I think would be fun and rent would be almost $300 cheaper.

12. Lovelymummy

Lovelymummy Guest

and if I get the job I want it's possible that they would give me money to relocate :)