• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would this name be ok with our surname?

steph.

Two little girls!
Reaction score
We are NTNP #3 and I'm already stressing about names! I have always loved the name Christian but our surname is Paine...Christian Paine. Is that a no go?

Christian is a very nice name, but unfortunately I would say it's a no-go with your last name.

Reasons:

1. Christian Paine sounds like something a priest would talk about during a sermon, similar to "catholic suffering" or something along those lines.

2. Christian Paine makes me think of 50 Shades of Grey, since the Christian in the book enjoyed inflicting pain.

Christian is a very nice name, but unfortunately I would say it's a no-go with your last name.

Reasons:

1. Christian Paine sounds like something a priest would talk about during a sermon, similar to "catholic suffering" or something along those lines.

2. Christian Paine makes me think of 50 Shades of Grey, since the Christian in the book enjoyed inflicting pain.

Thanks! Yeah your first reason is why I am thinking it's probably not a good idea. I hadn't even thought of 50 shades!

I unfortunately agree with RubyRainbows, it does make me think of something that priests might talk about! I would avoid it for that reason. But that doesn't necessarily mean others would think the same :flower:

I would say it's fine, to me it makes me think of graphic novel names and kind of fun!

"Absolutely not" from me. Images of blood and suffering on a cross. Yuck! Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->