would this upset you or am I being hormonal?

bump2be

Reaction score
Would love to get some opinions on this....

I'll be going on mat. leave in a few weeks and my company has hired a replacement. On Monday the day my replacement started my manager asked me to move desks so that the new girl could sit there instead. Now I'm sitting in a dingy guest office instead. Is it unreasonable for me to feel like I've been turfed out of my desk??? I feel like crying about it, but I'm not sure if I'm being unreasonable for being upset. How would you feel if this happened to you?

I understand because it took me two weeks of being off work to detach myself from it. I wouldn't be happy, but in the meanwhile, just think of why it's happening! Happy times! Let it be!

I see it from your jobs point of view. They're trying to get your replacement settled in so they cam start their job. Unfortunately that's how it works sometimes. Sorry you're feeling pushed aside, but in a few weeks it won't even matter.

Thanks for the feedback! I see it from their point of view as well. I guess I won't care soon. It's definitely made me feel pushed aside and very unmotivated to do any of the mountains of work I have to do before I leave. :(

Aww I'm sorry. I still have two months to go and already feel unmotivated. The end is near! But hey, if you don't get through it, that's what your replacement is for, right?

Massive hugs sweetie, I'd be really upset about it too but I wouldn't say anything. Little things keep happening to me at work too and I have to just remind myself in a couple of weeks I won't be there any more and then I won't care! x x

Thanks for the feedback! I see it from their point of view as well. I guess I won't care soon. It's definitely made me feel pushed aside and very unmotivated to do any of the mountains of work I have to do before I leave. :(

Don't worry hun it's totally normal, plus hormones have a lot to answer for.
I finish next week and I was moved too but I don't care because I cannot wait to finish.

I have felt left out since getting Preggo as all the nights out/social events aren't really great when you can't join in and my team are big drinkers.
The way you have to look at it is who cares when you have your baby it won't matter but I know it feels pants.
:hugs:

I understand why you're feeling uncomfortable about this, but I think you ought to look at it as a positive thing. If you find that you can't manage at work as long as you've planned, your cover is already established and ready to take over. If you do stay until the date of your intended leave, then you can walk away knowing that you don't have to worry about work at all, because you'll be covered by someone who has had chance to get used to the requirements and now knows what they're doing.

My maternity cover started early as I have a temporary promotion and she has my old desk. I know what you mean, it kind of feels weird but the plus side is that you have plenty of time to do a decent handover which will make it much smoother. When I go back we are in a different office (we got moved to temporary accommodation because of building work) so I've asked my colleagues to make sure I get my old desk back as I think I will be put out if I go back to the office we used to be in and someone else has taken my space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->