would u call your midwife?

iwantabub

Reaction score
Today bubs has been a bit sleepy...

Every time ive checked his hb its been down.... around 110 ...

Every time ive ever heard him its around 150

He popped back up for a little bit but then went back down...

Is he having a slow day?

I did the cold water test earlier and he kicked a litrlw but then wenr straight quiet again..

I would call if for nothing else but your own piece of mind. I know heartbeats can fluctuate, but I don't know if they are supposed to fluctuate that much. So I would call personally. :)

I would call, im on the paranoid side though and if worried go in for peace of mind. They can do a trace and see whats he's doing over time.

I called and she said anything over 110 is fine and not to use my dopper coz im stressing myself out...

My dh is telling me to stop stressing and bubs is fine...

HES IN MY TUMMY AND I LOVE HIM AND WANT HIM TO BE OK AND SHORT OF STICKING MY HEAD IN THERE I AM GONNA BE WORRIED IF HES QUIET...

GOD I HATE PEOPLE!!!!

sorry I am just so fristrated right nkw

Are you doing kick counts? I wouldn't mention the doppler and say it's movement. It's all probably fine but I am like you. hugs

Thanks hun... ye I told her he only kicked 3 times.after a glass of cold icy water and she said hes probably just tired :(

Im exactly like you-my baby is EVERYTHING and ill do ANYTHING I can to look after him! Yesterday I panicked-during the night I usually feel little kicks so there I was 3am waiting for kicks...just one would do. .finally. ..just one though. I used the doppler first thing-hb ok. Don't feel him when at work as too small atm so in the evening I lay down to wait for my kicks-evenings are his active times! After over an hour id only had 3 little ones-doppler out and not only was his hb distant but only went to 130 which its never been. He became a bit more active later. Oh too said not to worry.

Anyway-he has not stopped kicking all night and this morning :):) I personally think he was chilling out in the back plus I happened to catch him when he was sleeping. Still worried me though-was thinking ALL sorts... ive also heard they are quieter during a growth spurt but I don't know if this is true and how long growth spurts last for!

Hope your baby starts giving your insides some good jabs today/tomorrow! But ill always call mw for these things if im worried. My friend was put on a monitor various times during her pregnancy due to lack of movement but all was ok each time!

gosh its terrible when you feel worried and get left feeling frustrated when you try talk to someone. if by tonight your still feeling concerned and baby hasn't been as active still i would go to the hospital and see if they can monitor you for an hour or two. even if it is just enough to ease your mind. babies do have quiet periods but that don't ease your mind when your worrying. xx

Ps I did the ice cold drink, coughing, sugar...still was quiet!!! 24 hours later he's back to karate kid :)

Lol thanks ladies...

I think he may be facinf backwards into my placenta ...

I just hate not knowing ...

And midwifes make u feel like such a burden when u call like your wasting their time..

In the last 10 mins he has jabbed lightly a coupke times so im thinking maybe today im only getting elbows not feet and fists...

God I cant wait for the next 14 weeks to be done

aww bless. it is not nice when the midwives make you feel like your being a nuisance mine just never answers the phone lol. i ended up sending her a snotty text to which she replied she only works 3 days a week. so i hope there's no emergency on the other 4 days lol. Hope little ones behaving for you now, from the minute you carry your precious cargo until forever our kiddies make us worry !! i like to think babies have a quiet day before a growth spurt :hugs:

thanks hun... he decided to be a proffessional football player at 6am this morning and wouldnt let me sleep so i guess he was just tired...

I'm not used to worrying about something so much in my life... its crazy!

Yey!! See :) it is sooo scary though isn't it-the most precious little thing in our lives ♥ I read on my SMA updates that at 18 weeks bubs can cry! I then nearly cried thinking he could be crying and not only do I not know but I can't console him! Think they should have left that bit out ;-) x

Naw that makes me so sad... all I wanna do is cuddle him!

I know exactly how your feeling. I was at my OH'S yesterday, he lives quite far away and i forgot my doppler (godsend) and by this point bump has been so active for over a week now but yesterday she decided to be quiet, on the day i haven't got my doppler argh! so by the time we went to bed and not feeling movement all day, i burst out crying and panicking, OH was like whats wrong and i was like i haven't felt her move all day and he was like babys just tired, shes fine, shell be kicking again tomorrow, its kinda nice our OH'S don't panic because it would make us panic more but at the same time i wish they'd have more compassion and understand this connection and panic for us, argh i don't know. lol can't win can we. Today by the way shes back to moving again, but yesterday was so scary i convinced myself the worst and couldn't sleep.
Wish our LO's would just hurry up and cook now, fed up of the worrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->