Would you be annoyed?

tentoes92

Reaction score
So my nephews never listen to me. They don't really listen to thier mom either only their dad. This really annoys me especially when thy are around the baby. For example my five year old nephew was playing with toy cars near LO and was making them fly thru the air. His mother repeatedly told him to stop. Then she walked off and he did it again so I told him to stop and he ignored me. I kept asking did you hear me like three times because he acknowledge me and finally stopped. Then my three year old nephew was playing on the play mat near LO and kept pulling on it and climbing through and again ignored his mom when she kept telling him to stop. I just get so anxious when they are around because they are not careful, which I understand they are boys, but they do not listen. They only listen to their father but he is rarely around or paying attention and he usually doesn't say anything because he thinks me and myOH are just paranoid. I am just sick of they anxiety I get when they come over.

Sounds pretty normal for kids to me. I would focus on arranging things so your LO is not likely to be in the line of fire, so to speak, and gets the boys off doing something where it's safe for them to blow off energy.

I would be annoyed. By 5 I would expect a child to listen and show some respect. The 3 year old though...3 can be such an obnoxious age.

My son who is 2 doesn't listen to me at all, he certainly used to! Drives me up the wall.

But around someone elses very precious baby, I would be hovering right there and keep my children from harming the baby.

^wss. The 3 year old is one thing, but a 5 year old should know better. My niece is 6 now, but from the time she turned 4 she always listened and was pretty well behaved. Of course, you can't expect kids to just know things like being extra careful around a baby, but they should know that when an adult asks them not to do something, they should listen. I would be totally annoyed. I'm lucky to have the kind of relationship with my niece that I can discipline her if need be (she lives with me and her mom isn't in the picture), so if she didn't listen to me, I would just give her a time out or take her toy away. But tbh, in your situation I would be peeved with the mom for just walking away and letting her son get away with not listening.

Must depend on the child, one ,niece is 2.5 and nephew is nearly 3, and they are very well behaved children, the little boy does like to burn some energy though! But they do listen.

I don't know seems kind of normal to me for 5 and 3. About never listening to their mother, that's a problem but just what you described seemed harmless enough.

They seem normal to me, also the whole not listening to mum but listening to dad thing, mine can offen do that because I'm at home all the time with them and dad isn't - offen they behave better for him than me :shrug: saying that though they do know to behave/listen better when we are not at home and definitely round someone else's small child/baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->