Would you be concerned?

sept2010

Mummy and expecting
Reaction score
My lo is still under 3 months and she goes to bed between 8-9pm most days, this is when she will have the last feed aswell.
The issue is she used to wake up every 3-4hrs wanting a feed. Not really crying but moaning n definately awake.
Now she has discovered her thumb she will stay asleep n not really do what she normally used to for a feed. I wake to find her sucking her thumb anywhere between 1-3am... I feed her because its been ages since her last feed. This carries on until mornin where she wil start playin etc.
i really cant tell if shes sucking thumb for comfort or hunger cos she doesnt seem particularly hungry i.e making her usually cry-ey noises. When i do feed her she is sometimes ravenous sometimes barely drains the breast. Its so confusing!
I suppose im just worried if shes gettin enough milk. Shes not a small baby though shes already filling out 3-6 months clothes
What would you do in this situation?

I'm sure if she was hungry the thumb wouldn't satisfy her, I would only give her milk when she asks for it personally, unless you're worried about supply, but I'm sure if her hunger picks up your body will adapt :flower:

(And if her weight is ok, I really wouldn't worry about her not getting enough)

I wouldn't be worried as long as her nappies and weight are OK :thumbup: DD started STTN at about 9 weeks until the 4m sleep regression hit (although she went to bed later than your LO). I think if LO was hungry a thumb would not be enough!

Thats what i was thinking also she does seem to make up for it in the day.. Drinks almost every 1.5-2hrs

She seems to be gaining well .. Havent weighed her since 6 weeks though ..she was 11lbs then. She also has wet n dirty nappies throughout day/night

I wouldn't worry. Some kids do just start sleeping through the night that early. My DS was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks and my DD was sleeping through the night at 8 weeks. (Bliss for me since I was back to work at that point and getting up even earlier in the morning so I could feed my baby before heading out.) Both kids were gaining weight normally, having wet/poo diapers during the days, and eating plenty when awake so I didn't worry. Dr wasn't worried either. Just said I was one really lucky mom to be getting regular sleep so soon. :haha:

If she's making up for it in the day that makes sense, I struggle to get DS to feed even 4 hourly in the day, he's a bit of a snacker so I can't really "tank him up" which is why I think he wakes so much in the night.

If she's making up for it in the day that makes sense, I struggle to get DS to feed even 4 hourly in the day, he's a bit of a snacker so I can't really "tank him up" which is why I think he wakes so much in the night.

This is similar to my first lo.. She started sleepin bigger chunks in the night at about 8 weeks too though...but was sound asleep as opposed to thumb suckin so i knew she wasnt hungry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->