would you consider this pica

Torsornin

Reaction score
I am craving vitamins. Like actual vitamin TABLETS. I havent acted on it, but I really want to eat them and chew them and taste them. :blush:

I just recently had my iron checked and it was good.

I really am not terribly hungry and morning sickness has arrived, so mostly eating bland stuff. But vitamins sound delish! christmas my mouth is watering thinking about them! crazy! :wacko:

I have my first appt with the dr in 2 weeks (she is out the rest of this week)
and I have some intake appointment on the phone next thursday with her nurse. I am going to mention it at one of those, sooner if it gets to be an irresistible craving.

My other craving is a bit more "normal" Lemonade by the gallon lol! Only thing that seems to stop the nausea

Wow that's really early to be having cravings! The placenta isn't even set up yet so baby doesn't currently get any of what you have so sounds more like a possible vitamin deficiency rather than anything to do with the pregnancy?

Technically a vitamin and mineral deficiency is what pica is, but I don't know if vitamins literally fall under that category. Do you or have you taken fruit or sweet flavored ones? I know that I'm using a fiber supplement that re fruit gummies and I really really love the taste and basically crave them so I bought fruit snacks. When I was pregnant with dd3 I was absolutely in love with the smell of out laundry detergent. It smelled soo amazing I wanted to drink or eat it but my doctor said that's not pica, it was just something that smelled so good you could eat it like when you are not pregnant. I'd talk to your doctor just to be safe.

It is pica, if you google 'pica' it is the persistent desire to eat non-nutritive or non-edible items. It isn't just a pregnancy symptom it can happen any time to anyone. I think with it being vitamins you want it might be best to not indulge lol, would nibbling on sweets curb it a little for you?

I have to take special gluten free vitamins so I cant get the yummy fruit flavored ones. I want to chew even the plain ones. It is weird.

My diet has been really weird and NOT my norm the last 6 months due to a sudden onset of vestibular migraines (they dont hurt, they just make me puke my guts out or get dizzy!) I lost over 20 lbs this summer and a total of 40 since january. - unintentional. No thyroid or other issues , had everything checked. Working with doctors on that one now, just got diagnosed this week. Meanwhile.

Carrots also sound really yummy :D as do other root type veggies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->