• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you eat your own placenta?

Nope. I'm much too queasy! I think it's a great idea though for those who can stomach it.

I would if it was encapsulated. I considered it with DS, and more than likely will with number two.

I would pay someone to do the encapsulating for me though. I couldn't do it myself.

Nope, but have no problem with those who would. I didn't even want to see it, so definitely wouldn't be eating it:)

Iv heard it makes a lovely steak n kidney tasting pie so mixed wirh other stuff like that id give it a go.

But if you cook it, wouldnt you destroy a lot of the goodness in it with the heat?

I'm a bit skeptical of the benefits, would be interesting to see if they've done any research into it.

Nah, I couldn't bear the thought. If I could afford it I'd have it in pill form, if the benefits seemed worth it. I had a rough labour and rough recovery though, so anything to avoid that again seems good to me!

But if you cook it, wouldnt you destroy a lot of the goodness in it with the heat?

I'm a bit skeptical of the benefits, would be interesting to see if they've done any research into it.

Exactly my thoughts.
While lots of other mammals do eat their placentas, it has more to do with hiding the smell of birth and newborns to potential predators than the nutritional benefits that are often cited by placenta-eating advocates. All the same, I think it is well worth scientific investigation, and in them meantime, even if the perceived effects are placebo, it is still doing something in the positive to neutral range, so I have no issue with it.
If I thought it would benefit me or my baby, I would do it. But in all honesty, the thought is pretty strange. Eating my own organs/tissue... hmmmmm. :shrug:

My dog would eat anything if it is consider food. So I don't think covering the smell to protect the babies is the only reason why they do it.

I would if someone else would do all the prep work, I wanna know what it tastes like.

My dog would eat anything if it is consider food. So I don't think covering the smell to protect the babies is the only reason why they do it.

Generaly this is why wild animals do eat it, to cover the smell from predators while the newborn is getting steady on its feet.
Interestingly one of the only animals that don't eat it is apes but that's because they mostly stay in the trees with newborns and normaly have a large gathering of others to stay in the middle of so don't have as much predator risks.
They are one of the only known animals to leave the placenta attached and carry it around to eventualy dry up and drop off on its own, even the other few animals that don't eat it still chew it off and discard it.

I would never eat mine. But kudos to anyone who wants to though.

It was beyond weird though, my hubby's cousin went on and on how "gross" it was that when I fry ground beef (for tacos, spaghetti sauce, etc) I'll drain and rinse the ground beef before I continue on with whatever I'm making.

Then about a year or so later, she posts on FB that she dried, capsuled and ate her own placenta.

Again, to each their own. I'd never judge anyone for doing it. But there was an honest-to-god 'wtf' moment where somehow rinsing the fat off of ground beef was "weird" and "gross", yet eating her placenta was totally normal.

:shrug:

Generaly this is why wild animals do eat it, to cover the smell from predators while the newborn is getting steady on its feet.
Interestingly one of the only animals that don't eat it is apes but that's because they mostly stay in the trees with newborns and normaly have a large gathering of others to stay in the middle of so don't have as much predator risks.
They are one of the only known animals to leave the placenta attached and carry it around to eventualy dry up and drop off on its own, even the other few animals that don't eat it still chew it off and discard it.

Interesting stuff Smokey! Makes total sense, actually.

I would never eat mine. But kudos to anyone who wants to though.

It was beyond weird though, my hubby's cousin went on and on how "gross" it was that when I fry ground beef (for tacos, spaghetti sauce, etc) I'll drain and rinse the ground beef before I continue on with whatever I'm making.

Then about a year or so later, she posts on FB that she dried, capsuled and ate her own placenta.

Again, to each their own. I'd never judge anyone for doing it. But there was an honest-to-god 'wtf' moment where somehow rinsing the fat off of ground beef was "weird" and "gross", yet eating her placenta was totally normal.

:shrug:

:rofl:

I'm still confounded by it to this day. If I remember correctly, she called it "weird, gross and creepy". :haha:

I would take it in capsule form, but would never eat it.

Not sure if this is actually true or not but there was a story going around a while ago that a couple in the US were being sued by their friends as they invited them over for dinner and once the meal was finished the couple hosting annouced to their friends 'you have all just enjoyed my (the womans) placenta... They had made some sort of dish with it.

Not sure if this is actually true or not but there was a story going around a while ago that a couple in the US were being sued by their friends as they invited them over for dinner and once the meal was finished the couple hosting annouced to their friends 'you have all just enjoyed my (the womans) placenta... They had made some sort of dish with it.

WOW! They would definitely be off the Christmas card list :sick: x

That would be pretty violating on many levels. Yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->