• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you eat your own placenta?

I did, first time round. It wasn't at all bad actually.

I don't claim any tremendous benefits but there are obviously nutrients in it.

Second time round it came out while I was on the loo so that put me off :lol:

No, not going to eat it.

Can't wait to see it though!! And I want to pick it up and touch it to see what it feels like.

Afterall, me and it will have done a pretty good job in making a human.

I did!

Well, encapsulated, anyway - did it in order to try to produce milk for DS2 (had no milk with DS1), and it worked! I was able to nurse DS2 with a teeny bit of milk - thanks to placenta encapsulation, we successfully combi-fed for close to 4 months until my placenta pills ran out!

I wouldnt eat it like a steak or anything I am weird enough about meat. But I would maybe consider encapsulated, I havnt looked in to health benefits to closely as I am sure no one does the encapsulating here but I have heard good things about it.

Personally, no. I've read the articles, research, watched the documentaries but I'm not entirely convinced. However I see no problem with any woman who chooses to.

xo

I used to never think I would do it, but given that research has shown it helps with PND, I'm more intrigued. I suffered MAJOR PND with my first child and I actually didn't enjoy him until 14 months! I actually despised my son for well over a year. If I could do anything to prevent that from happening with the next baby, I will - even if it's just the 'placebo effect'. Until you've been there, it's worth a shot.

I used to never think I would do it, but given that research has shown it helps with PND, I'm more intrigued. I suffered MAJOR PND with my first child and I actually didn't enjoy him until 14 months! I actually despised my son for well over a year. If I could do anything to prevent that from happening with the next baby, I will - even if it's just the 'placebo effect'. Until you've been there, it's worth a shot.

that was the other benefit, too - it staved off PPD until the pills ran out - i have PPD again, but didn't get it again until around 4 months when i ran out of pills. so, yeah, a teeny bit of milk plus delayed PPD made placenta encapsulation worth it to me!

Not criticizing you at all and absolutely agree that even placebo effect is worth trying this for as it is inexpensive and otherwise physically harmless, but I have to ask... what research has shown this? That's sort of the problem that we're all discussing: it would be great if it did everything the anecdotes are saying, but the lack of proper scientific study makes it hard to determine one way or another. :shrug:

it's true, there is no concrete evidence but to be honest, i will try ANYTHING to try and avoid pnd again.

Not criticizing you at all and absolutely agree that even placebo effect is worth trying this for as it is inexpensive and otherwise physically harmless, but I have to ask... what research has shown this? That's sort of the problem that we're all discussing: it would be great if it did everything the anecdotes are saying, but the lack of proper scientific study makes it hard to determine one way or another. :shrug:

and there's the rub - i just don't see the government funding research on this any time soon when we already have things like multi-vitamins for nutrient deficiencies, Zoloft for PPD, and formula milk for no/low milk supply. My midwife said she'd wanted to do her master's thesis on placenta consumption it b/c back then she was skeptical of it, but there really just wasn't enough scientific info out there for her to use. Yes, animals do it, but when it comes to humans, I'd say most would prefer conventional means of treating post-partum issues, so it would be really hard to even try doing a double-blind experiment.

it's true, there is no concrete evidence but to be honest, i will try ANYTHING to try and avoid pnd again.

that's exactly how i felt. the thought of placenta consumption grossed me out the first time around, but after going through the horror of no milk supply plus PPD, i was like, yes, i'll try it this time!!

i hope it works so that you don't have to deal with PND this time around. :hugs:

This is EXACTLY why I am getting mine encapsulated. Whether "real" benefits or "placebo" benefits, benefits are benefits!! If there is ANYTHING I can do to help me bf, then I will do it!

angel, i do hope it works for you so that you can BF :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->