Would you go for it?

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Currently, I am on ML and due to go back in Oct, however, I really do not want to but we can't afford for me not to as things stand at the mo.
However, my DH works 40+ miles away and we have 2 cars so I was thinking if perhaps we moved closer to his work and sold one of the cars it may be an option.....it's a big decision. We don't have any family round here and just a handful of friends so we wouldn't really be leaving much behind.
Would you go for it?

Yeah you wud need to work out what you would save by giving up one car (MOT, service, petrol, etc) and hubby commuting less (petrol costs) and see how it balances against not working (plus find out what extra tax credits you may get etc). If it works out then yeah go for it!

I would do ANYTHING to be a SAHM. If it's what you want & you know you could manage then i'd say go for it!

If you do all your calculations etc and you can afford to be a SAHM that way, then I would definately do it. Dont forget to take into account the cost of moving too though!! :flower:

I would defo go for it! We have moved around for various reasons and if yu have no family/not many friends where you are now then it makes sense to move :)

If you have taken everything into consideration and it seems a viable option then go for it! I've wracked my brains and tried to think of everything to make it an option for me, but just can't make the ends meet! I'm due to go back September! boo....

Go for it! It sounds like a good idea :flower: Also, you will get used to budgeting etc and you might find it is easier than you think living on a smaller budget, especially when you've got more time.

(it's something I plan to do - move closer to parents for a few years so I can become VERY part-time after we have a baby, free childcare!:winkwink:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->