Would you go out to dinner at 40+6

Babushka

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody out there would go to a restaurant at 40+6? I'm only concerned that my waters may break whilst we are dining, I'm having a sweep this afternoon & not sure whether I should go out or not but it will be our last chance to enjoy an evening out for a while.

Yes I would. My water never broke.... Some do some dont. So I wouldn't let that concern stop me! Enjoy going out while you can!

Why not? If anything does happen (which i doubt will within the 2 or 3 hours you were out), you can always head to hospital if needed.

I'm concerned it will be embarrassing if my waters break & not pleasant for the other patrons either. I could wear a maternity pad & hope for the best :)

I would wear a maternity pad and go and enjoy a delicious dinner (and dessert!) :)

It is extremely rare for waters to break like they do in the movies and on TV - with a gush and splash.

There's actually an ongoing poll thread in Baby Club right now showing that out of 180+ respondents, less than 4% (7 women) had their waters break in public. Over half broke in the hospital - according to the comments, generally during active labor.

If wearing a pad makes you feel better about it, go for it.... but unless you are feeling contractions and think that you are in labor, definitely don't miss your last chance to enjoy yourself!

If you can eat without raging heartburn go for it ... Personally I have no enjoyment in eating atm lol. Get out and enjoy it x

I usually go out to dinner & a show towards the end of pregnancy, usually at 39+5, this time we went early as it's twins but I've never worried about my waters. You could always knock your water glass over if they do, tell the waitress what happened but other patrons would just think it was water.

certainly I would :)
Hell, during my last pregnancy, hubby and I did a car boot sale when I was a week overdue haha. (God that was knackering though! I don't recommend it!)

but going out for a meal or whatever, yeah sure :) I'm always overdue - doesn't stop me doing stuff.

I went at 40+5 after my second sweep. Had my son the following day. Go for it. Nothing worse than sitting at home waiting. If you don't go and nothing happens then you will feel disappointed and wish you had gone out. If you go out and go into labour/waters break then you will be too excited to care about what other people are thinking.

Yes absolutely. Why on earth not!
Waters breaking are on the whole pretty rare (trickling usually if you have a well placed head) and chances of going with a crash on the floor lol not unless you're in Hollywood!

Yes defo I would! I never turn down food :haha:

I've just been and done the Asda big shop at 40+1, hoping I could start things off but nope! I'm off to walk the dog now...

Hell yes! As pp have said its rare for your waters to break first and even if they did it would more likely be a trickle rather than a gush.

And 2ndtimelucky, any excuse to stuff my face is always eagerly accepted!

I would go to enjoy some extra time with my OH.

I definitely would! I actually would hope for them to break...any time now, please!! LOL

Eating out is a normal part of my day so I can't imagine why not. I'm certainly not cooking at 40+6!

I would-purely cos id be in a bad mood :haha:

but yeh i wouldnt worry :) my waters didnt go until i was pushing

and 'if; they did ud have a free meal :)

I'm concerned it will be embarrassing if my waters break & not pleasant for the other patrons either. I could wear a maternity pad & hope for the best :)

You can't live by what ifs.

So what if its embarassing for other people? Its not of their business and your not going to see them again.

Go and enjoy a night out. You obviously want to as otherwise you wouldnt be asking :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->