Would You Hear Bubs Heartbeat On Doppler at 6+ Weeks?

Lizzyxxx

No.3 On the way!
Reaction score
Just curious as i have a full bladder and an Angelsounds doppler and feel like having a go. If you think its too early i wont bother.

Unlikely hun. They recommend at least 10 weeks, don't want you to get disappointed if you try now xx

I *think* it's too early since I think you can only see the beat on an ultrasound that early :)

I think it'll be too early. I first heard heartbeat on angelsounds at 10+5 but I never tried before then xx

I think it is pretty early. My doctor won't even try to listen with their doppler until at least 12 weeks.

Yup, way too early I'd say unfortunately.. Earliest I've heard of is just over 9 weeks & I'd say that's pretty early! I'm an eager beaver too though, can't wait until I can tune in & listen myself :)

X

10+1

Definately too early...in my last two pregnancies, my babies heart didn't even start beating until almost seven weeks (I'm a slow starter!).
That being said, I was able to pick up this babies HB at 9 weeks with my hospital grade doppler, as was my doctor, so you may have luck in a few weeks.

Hi Hun,

I would say your a little early.

BUT im 8 weeks 4 days and after searching for 20 mins with my Sonoline B today i found the fetal HB of 170 booming away :) The earliest doppler vids on youtube are around 8 weeks +2 days... so give it two weeks ;)

even then dont get disheartened. I was about to give up after 20 mins when i found mine. Then i slipped and couldnt find it again haha

xxx

Thanks, im so worried at the mo if everything is going ok!

Old post! I have seen videos on youtube in their 7th week finding HB with Sonoline B... amazing!

earliest I found was at 8+5. It was very difficult and time consuming to find. Tinker away in a couple of weeks if you won't make yourself nervous. It doesn't become very easy to find until closer to 12 weeks. If you are overweight, you may never find it.

Yeah pretty early

With my DS midwife attempted on my first appt when I was almost 12 weeks and after 10 minutes gave up. Tried again and heard it at 16 weeks. Midwife this time didn't even bother trying. It's pretty much hit and miss at such and early stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->