would you let a 2 year old feed your newborn?

I think it's nice to let a younger sibling help out. I doubt she is actually leaving him to do the whole feed. I can't imagine a 2 year old staying still for long enough!

Is it your baby? Is it your 2year old? Were you there? unles you say yes to any of those you dont know the full story. same with the thread with the baby and dog. not her baby, not her dog, therefore you dont know the full circumstances therefore any judgement is unfair.

Iv let my 4 year old brother feed Niamh, with me sat right next to him, No way would i let him do it without an adult in arms reach.

What if she wriggled and he let go? Hes realy big for his age but still dosent have the strength or reflexes to catch her if she fell.

My mum used to let my brother feed me when I was born and he was 5, she had to have her gallbladder removed straight after having me and my dad was in the navy at the time and only got 2 weeks compassionate leave. We have a great bond apparently he helped with everything

I wouldn't let a 2 year old do it (my niece is 2 and I couldn't imagine her being safe enough) but it could just be a case of of ahh isn't he a big boy helping mummy type thing

Is it your baby? Is it your 2year old? Were you there? unles you say yes to any of those you dont know the full story. same with the thread with the baby and dog. not her baby, not her dog, therefore you dont know the full circumstances therefore any judgement is unfair.

Could nt agree more with you. Unless you were actually there and seen this situation I dont really think its your place to judge based on just a photo

if he's supervised then yes. When my 2 year old cousin came round to meet my LO i let him hold and feed him with me sitting next to him.

Nope not fully, i mean if i had another kid i'd let him/her sit on my knee with baby on knee and control the bottle if you get me? Wouldn't leave them to feed baby though baby could choke or something

Lol if thats bad then I must be horrible for letting my friends 18 month old triplets take turns spoonfeeding Connor.

Attachments

• 18_months_B_620[1].jpg
    18_months_B_620[1].jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 17
that's so cute Kel!
I don't see the problem, I'm sure if I end up bottle feeding, I will let Ella feed her little brother if she wants to. I'll sit next to her to lend support. I can't see what the big deal is.

Of course I wouldn't. That's the cat's job.

Of course I wouldn't. That's the cat's job.

Cat?? Everyone else has goats doing it - do you know of a new trend we haven't discovered yet or do you think you're the cats whiskers?:rofl:

Well I was worried about the cat feeling pushed out by LO, and as the goat does bathtime, the cat tends to do the feeding. The donkey usually takes him for his Mcdonalds but sometimes we do that as a family.

no not me personally, I wouldnt allow it with my LO, but if it works for them though then cool beans :)

My OH's cousins tortoise fed Tegan once. She was barely three months old, she had lasagne all over her little face! Silly tortoise..

Anyway. Yes I would. Tegan feeds my 4 month old niece. She did today. She holds the bottle/spoon. Except she does steal the food from the spoon.. She ate my nieces yogurt earlier..

This thread is so funny!

I think the real issue here is the friends stroppy attitude on facebook, seriously, is she 12? Who on earth talks that childishly.

And yes I would let a 2 year old feed Thomas, but only with great supervision and if the 2 year old in question was a calm child.

i did let my daughter hold the bottle but i supervised and it was a one off after that she lost interested lol. hopefully it was just a one off and she is jesting to that effect... i wouldnt like to think she planks the baby down with a two year old and let him feed baby

Yes I would, depending how well I knew the 2 year old. If I knew them to be capable, sure, but naturally I would be right there the whole time :)

These threads are so frustrating to read at times...I have to really try hard not to reply what im really feeling, but anyway, ill word it as diplomatically as i can and this is not aimed at OP per say cos we all do it at some point, but...

WE NEED TO MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS SOMETIMES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->