would you let your child have one?

the breastfeeding one i dont have a problem with i was just wanting to know who would buy one as there was alot of contraversity surrounding it.

I looked after a little girl with a hickman line and a feeding tube, she had a doll with the same tubes as her and she loved it. I think if a child had a sibling in neo natal the premmie doll could be useful.

The breast feeding doll maybe isn't needed as the kids could just "feed" the doll with their own nipples, I think maybe it encourages the idea that nipples are private and should not be shown even to feed a baby.

I looked after a little girl with a hickman line and a feeding tube, she had a doll with the same tubes as her and she loved it. I think if a child had a sibling in neo natal the premmie doll could be useful.
QUOTE]

I agree with this. I have seen other dolls that aren't so life like that are for kids going through illnesses and the doll has the same illness as them. Those are great in my opinion! Just not a doll that is $1200 for adults ... I just don't like how it is being marketed. If they were marketing it for educational purposed even, it would be ok.

The BF doll has been around for ages. My girls just used a normal doll and pretended.

The other doll. I dont understand a reborn NICU doll tbh, there are some people who use them because they cant have a baby but why chose a doll which is 'ill' then? If I get pregnant with a sticky baby my professor has said delivery between 30 and 32 weeks, so I can see why it would be useful to prepare my older children but I personally wouldnt do it.

I don't think it's disgusting at all.
I wouldn't buy the breastfeeding doll because although I agree with it, I think it's just a money making thing. Any child can use their imagination to breastfeed any toy without having to spend a fortune on a specific doll for it.

Id imagine the other doll would be quite educational if they were to have a sibling in neonatal. It could be quite comforting to the child and prepare them for seeing new sibling. Overall I don't think there is anything wrong with any doll.

The BF doll has been around for ages. My girls just used a normal doll and pretended.

The other doll. I dont understand a reborn NICU doll tbh, there are some people who use them because they cant have a baby but why chose a doll which is 'ill' then? If I get pregnant with a sticky baby my professor has said delivery between 30 and 32 weeks, so I can see why it would be useful to prepare my older children but I personally wouldnt do it.

Pretty much what I was about to type out. :flower:

I don't see the need for a "breastfeeding" doll, as so many others have mentioned... ANY doll can be a breastfeeding doll. Not sure why to market it differently other than to make money if I'm honest. I'd love to say that it raises awareness... but again... any doll can be a BF doll. :shrug:

As for the NICU baby... I don't personally feel that it should be out there for the general public. But that's just me. I've got too many mom friends who have gone through the terror of having a preemie to have it all gussied up into something to play with. For training/learning purposes, to help teach other kids for their siblings then I totally get it.

But I'd be upset if I saw some random kid playing with the NICU baby. Probably because its not all fun and games when your little one is fighting for their lives.

Just my 2.5 cents. :hugs:

I dont see the point in the bfing doll, mainly as i assume it'll cost extra and kids easily pretend with just a regular doll if they're exposed to bfing:shrug:

I do love the idea of the NICU doll though, all 4 of my kids have been preemie and it would have been a great tool for them to understand what was going on:thumbup: Not sure how I would feel about it outside of that though.

No, I wouldn't. Not because people would think it's weird but because if I had a girl and she had a doll she could do that her own self! Lol you don't need a bib with fake nipples nor a neonatal baby. I would think she'd mimic whatever her mother does. A lot of girls like playing with dolls, and since most of them come with a bottle and they like playing "house" then I don't see any reason why a little girl couldn't take her doll and pretend she's breastfeeding too.

I really don't like the NICU doll. It would be handy to quickly explain to siblings what is going on with their baby brother or sister or learning how to change a diaper for new parents with all those wires (really not easy at all!). But I hate it as toy. NICU does not equal fun at all. Just seeing the pic made me flashback. I couldn't imagine seeing it everyday as a toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->