Would You Plan a Vacation While TTC?

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
A few months ago OH and I talked about going South in February as our Christmas gift to one another.

Well then we made the decision to start TTC.. so I figured those plans were esentially squashed.

But he just said he wanted us to go speak to a travel agent after work today. I asked him What of I get pregnant before then? Im hoping I will be pregnant by Feb?

He said.. "The good news is, not only can you still lay on a beach while youre pregnant, but even if you got pregnant RIGHT now you will still only be like 12 weeks so you will also still be looking HOT in your bikini, so why wouldnt will still go?"

Im not saying hes wrong . Im just thinking that 1. thats a few thousand bucks we could use on the baby (although I guess wr COULD spare it and still afford everything we will need) and 2. If I was a few weeks pregnant Ill probably be suffering mornong sickness and be extremely tired. and 3. what if something happened and I needws medical attention while on a foreign country?

He said "Its our vacation we can do whayever the eff we want. If your pregnant we will lay oon the beach and ill fan you and feed you grapes if thats what you want!"

lol so what do you think .. would you still do it?

ugg excuse my typos .. im on mobile

It could be your last time to get a break away together for a few years , so I would go for it, and if your not pregnant by then, the break away and time to relax could be just what you need. X

Absolutely I would go on vacation TTC. Seems like prime time to do so to me! What's the saying, life is what's busy happening while we're making plans. TTC/pregnancy can be one of the most wicked curveballs out there (ask me how I know :rolleyes: ) and doesn't always conform to what we want. Go out and live!

I wouldn't but I'm high risk and told not to travel at 8 weeks with my twins.

That's what trip insurance is for! DH and I are avid travelers and the past few trips we have planned I thought about it this way-If i'm not pregnant i'll just be depressed if I don't go when those days arrive. If I am pregnant I have trip insurance and can make an educated decision based on how far along I am and the health of the pregnancy.

We fell pregnant right before our trip to see family in Chicago this Halloween and the doctor could not confirm a uterine pregnancy :nope: Since I have a history with ectopics this was really scary and crucial. I thought about canceling and if the trip had been to a foreign country I probably would have at that moment but since it was a town I was familiar with we went. I had to go see my sister's obgyn twice while there (not so much fun) and they still didn't find the pregnancy. We got back and everything was fine but it was a bit nerve wracking.

Just make sure you have trip insurance and if you are pregnant and all is well go enjoy yourself! Floating around in salt water is pretty awesome when your pregnant. :shipw:

Personally I would go for it! We booked our wedding in Vegas whist TTC. Fell pregnant 4 months before the big day and was given the all clear to take the flight from the UK. So long as there are no complications it is generally fine to fly before the 3rd trimester :)

I would go for it! DH and I are planning a vacation either in late spring or early summer, either way I'm hoping to be pregnant during our play time! :)

Yep, I would definitely plan a vacation. We've been TTC for two and a half years by now, so you never can tell how long you'll be waiting and you might as well enjoy life in the meantime.

Obviously, I hope it doesn't take that long for you, but my experience has made me think that nobody should put their life on hold just in case. Wishing you the best of luck.

Go go go!!!!! It might be the last time You get to have a holiday just you two. My last hot abroad holiday was my honey moon over 7 years ago 2 months before my dd1 was conceived!!!

alright alright.. i guess youve all talked me in to it! lol thanks guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->