would you refuse induction?

GypsyDancer

Mummy to Zach <3
Reaction score
Im 10 days overdue now and have been booked in for induction on sunday so ill be 12 days over. Ive had 2 sweeps now my 2nd was yesterday afternoon..im starting to think it hasnt worked so induction is looming..however..i was induced with my 1st as i went 2 weeks over and i really dont wish to go through it again..left alone on a ward, nobody listening to me when i was sure i was in labour..then made to lay on a bed because the monitor kept slipping..i then ended up having an epidural because i couldnt cope laying down, needed forceps and then suffered a pph resulting in 2 blood transfusions..the thought of being induced makes me feel sick..so much i woke up at 6am this morning and cryed for 2 hours straight :nope:
The midwife yesterday said my cervix is moving forward abit, is very soft and stretchy (can stretch to 4 cms easily..but is still 1cm thick which it was last week..
Im considering going in to be monitored on sunday and requesting 1 more sweep but dont know how it will go down or even if theyll agree to it? I know i can refuse induction but worried how theyll react..and also worried im harming baby:nope:

You are well within your rights to refuse induction and I'm not surprised you are considering it after your past experience.:hugs: You can ask for monitoring which will be via ultrasound and they can keep an eye on the placenta/fluid etc. It really doesn't matter what they think about it, its your body, your baby and your decision. Some babies just take a little longer to arrive, they are all so different.
Do what you think is right for you and your baby.:hugs:

The whole concept of induction makes me so mad. It puts your birth on a timed schedual and that is not natural. It is convenient for the Dr's more than for you it seems. The baby comes out when it is naturally ready, when your body is naturally ready. Way way back did they have induction? No way and births were fine whether they were 3 days late or 2 weeks. Unless there is an actual problem discovered, I don't see why you need to be induced. It is called estimated due date for a reason. It seems that alot of women and dr's see this due date and are firm believers that something is not right if it doesn't come out exactly on that day lol.:dohh: Based on your previous experience hun, you should definitely refuse and let nature take it's course. It is up to you if you want to monitor baby of course. As for how they will react, I'm just assuming here but I'm pretty sure they won't like it because birthing is very much a business now and through hospitals it is very "technology based" now. I haven't seen too much compassion out there towards letting the mother do it her own way since it is her experience to deliver the baby, not have the baby delivered from the mother. It is a long wait to wait out labour and some Dr's dont have the patience. It is sad. Not all Dr's, but alot. I wish you the best, and sorry for my little rant. I hope you don't have to go through what you went through the first time.:hugs:

I am very anti-induction, for all the reasons you experienced. They will likely give you a hard time but it's within your rigths to choose.

My girlfriend was in the same position as you and her OB prescribed sex. LOL Sure enough, it worked!! :)

They can't actually make you take any medicine you don't want. And that sounds like some pretty nasty stuff....

Where'd you go??? Hopefully you didn't have to make the decision! :)

Where'd you go??? Hopefully you didn't have to make the decision! :)

My little boy was born 30 minutes before i was due to ring in to be induced :flower: although i was probably going to just ring and ask for a sweep and monitoring anyway im so relieved and glad! Will post a birth story soon for anyone thats interested as his birth was just how id wanted the first time to be xx

So glad you managed to avoid induction! And got the birth you wanted for your son :)

I would just not show up and call them so you dont have to face anyone..lol I was scheduled for and induction and wound up going into labor before I was due for the induction.. hopefully it will happen that way for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->