Would you report benefit fraud?

^my OH has the same experience he has reported several people for doing massive fraud (claiming under several identities etc) and the worst that happened to any of them; they got their benefit slightly docked and no charges were brought! He had loads of proof that they were committing fraud including managing to photocopy their various identity documents et al and the people at the benefit fraud hotline were being accusatory towards OH!

its not right is it hun :growlmad:. you see the adverts on the tv, in the newspaper, on the radio telling you to do the right thing and report these people and then when you do it basicly gets chucked back in your face:growlmad:. its so annoying!!!

i think my neighbour must love it when it does get stopped to be investigated, he must get it all backdated or somthing as a couple of months later there out shopping in extravigent places buying designer clothes etc :dohh:.

Its absolutely sickening my OH says some of those he reported live in six bedroom privately rented places with chandeliers and massive TVs in every room, he has also reported people to the immigration authorities for being illegal immigrants or claiming asylum under false pretences and again nothing was done. Once my OH had to go on JSA and they kept taking him off it for no reason, he was only paid for six of the twelve months he was entitled to it, meaning he had to borrow money off relatives to get by, yet at the end the benefits office sent him a letter saying they had overpaid him £90! He wrote back a very brusque letter saying if anything they owe him money and he didn't hear back from them again.

just be absolutely sure that she is committing benefit fraud.

I was reported by someone who obviously doesn't have a clue, either that or they were doing it to be spiteful and the whole interview process is horrible.

Even though I knew I'd done nothing wrong it was awful, they delve into every aspect of your personal life and I sat in tears through the whole thing.

just be sure, and don't if it's just a hunch.

In that situation, no I definitely would not report her.

just be absolutely sure that she is committing benefit fraud.

I was reported by someone who obviously doesn't have a clue, either that or they were doing it to be spiteful and the whole interview process is horrible.

Even though I knew I'd done nothing wrong it was awful, they delve into every aspect of your personal life and I sat in tears through the whole thing.

just be sure, and don't if it's just a hunch.

You are right it is a completely vile process, my friend was reported by his ex, no reason whatsoever, he was on JSA and she told them he had a job, he had no such thing. It bashed his confidence and worsened his depression.

I wouldn't unless i was 100% sure.

If they were living large by doing it,
havings lots of holidays,buying cars etc then i might do. Not if they were struggling and only bringing in an extra few pound off a cleaning job x

No I wouldnt because I dont want to be involved in anyone else`s business.xxx

i think it depends on the circumstances really, if they are doing it to just make ends meat to get by then no, but if theyre buying flashy things etc etc then i think i would as that really annoys me
do what you feel is right though:hugs:

I dont think I would no, especially as she is only doing a little cleaning job, and is probably getting pittence for back breaking work, and is probably only doing it to earn a little extra to get by! Everything is so expensive nowadays and and she prob is really struggling on social benefits. It cant be easy with 4/5 kids.
I also think I would have enough stuff going on in my own personal life to get involved in someones else. Dont think its worth the hassle! :flower:

For me it depends on the situation.
I have reported someone in the past and would do it again. I work and pay taxes and it really pisses me off when people commit benefit fraud

I wouldn't report someone unless I knew they were commiting fraud. I got pulled into the Job Centre last year as someone rang them about me saying I was earning money and not declaring it. I wasn't and it was cleared up quickly, however it was a pretty humiliating experience, being treated as if you're some kind of criminal because someone didn't get their facts straight

I think people should. Fraud is fraud, and it stops those who need help, getting more help. The deficit is awful, and reducing fraud can help a lot.

Nope its not my place to and you never know what situations people are in. of course its wrong but im not going to play god with someone elses life.

How is it playing god? They will get caught eventually, and it's better sooner for their sake!

Idk, to be honest. If they were flaunting it and didn't give a crap I'd think about reporting it. But if it was someone who I knew was genuinely struggling, if they had children and they couldn't do without the money, I might turn a blind eye.

I think the 'rules' are quite confusing sometimes, I was working a cleaning job and claiming Income Support several years ago, but it was perfectly legit. There is a certain amount you can earn in a week before they dock it (or there was when I was on it). But it was all a bit confusing at first. So she could still be genuine :)

I agree with this tbh!

in my opinion, keep out of other peoples business, no need to get involved.

Yes, they are doing wrong if they are ACTUALLY commiting benefit fraud but they will eventually get caught, but it is down to them! You will never know this womens full reasons why she is doing it or if she is Actually doing it, you know from a friend of a friend (chinese whispers comes to mind), You may even just waste the GOV's money by reporting her, then them doing all the investigations etc etc and it turning out that she is doing nothing wrong!

If they were up an down with flashy things and wasting their day drinking etc etc, then that is a total different story!

But, at least she's doing SOME work!!

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but just wanted to state my point. At the end of the day, she may be struggling like mad to feed her kids!

xx

I don't think I would. Being on benefits myself I know what a struggle it is, living day to day and if anything comes up (car problems/plumbing) then you are basically screwed. It's different it someone is living it up in designer clothes and holidays every other month but for some people it's just a case of surviving.

Years ago someone reported my mum for something that actually turned out to be completely untrue and she had done nothing wrong but she was still cautioned and treated like a criminal, made to feel like complete lowlife so I don't agree with the whole if they're innocent it will be ok. I'd only consider it if I was 100% and knew they were just taking the piss.

Regardless of circumstances it's theft. I am sure of this person was stealing a tangable item from you or I you would say something, why is it different with money via benefits? Ultimately it's our money they are stealing from all the tax/vat we pay day in, day out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->