Would you report benefit fraud?

It would depend on the circumstances really. If it was just to bring in a little bit of pocket money each week, I personally wouldn't bother.

If it was a situation where they were earning enough money to support themselves (through govy jobs etc) without the need for benefits then yes I would definately report them (as long as I knew 100% that they were committing benefit fraud).

My Ex was reported for it, the reason being he was fixing his mams car (he was a mechanic) & the Job Centre saw this as him working, even though he never got paid. He was just doing his mam a favour.

Regardless of circumstances it's theft. I am sure of this person was stealing a tangable item from you or I you would say something, why is it different with money via benefits? Ultimately it's our money they are stealing from all the tax/vat we pay day in, day out.

I agree with this :thumbup: and sorry but myself and my husband work hard and we still struggle....... it would be all so easy and very tempting to go down the benefit fraud route to help us out at times but we dont, we do things the right way and take responsibilty for our own actions like everyone should.

its theft, so yes.

there have been like, 4 or 5 of these threads recently, is everyone suddenly getting cash in hand jobs or something :wacko:

god, i know its christmas but surely :rofl:

its theft, so yes.

there have been like, 4 or 5 of these threads recently, is everyone suddenly getting cash in hand jobs or something :wacko:

god, i know its christmas but surely :rofl:

I thought the same about how many threads there had been. Be up there with greats such as Early Weaning, FF v BF, and "I don't judge but...."

Lol I searched for it, as some one I know of (NOT friend) is fiddling the system. I haven't reported them, but would have if someone else hadn't.

But all of those who are saying you'd report someone, would you still report them if you didn't know 100%? Like I said in my previous post, I was shopped by someone for fraud when I hadn't done anything wrong, just someone hadn't gotten their facts right and tbh it's not the most enjoyable thing, being hauled in front of some guy who treats you like you're some sort of criminal with something to hide...

But all of those who are saying you'd report someone, would you still report them if you didn't know 100%? Like I said in my previous post, I was shopped by someone for fraud when I hadn't done anything wrong, just someone hadn't gotten their facts right and tbh it's not the most enjoyable thing, being hauled in front of some guy who treats you like you're some sort of criminal with something to hide...

I've had good reason to doubt, even if not solid, then yes, I still would. I certainly wouldn't expect that person to be greeted with open arms, tea and sympathy either. It's a crime and should dealt with the same way as any other suspected crime.

I've had good reason to doubt, even if not solid, then yes, I still would. I certainly wouldn't expect that person to be greeted with open arms, tea and sympathy either. It's a crime and should dealt with the same way as any other suspected crime.

So you wouldn't mind if a completely innocent person was humiliated because you weren't completely sure they were commiting a fraudulent offence?

probably not, it's none of my business.

So you wouldn't mind if a completely innocent person was humiliated because you weren't completely sure they were commiting a fraudulent offence?

I will still report. You would never know for sure if someone was pulling a fast one or not and if in doubt I'd report.

My mum got reported too. She was innocent but my mum had nothing to hide and did what she had to do.

I just would :flower:

Just seems a bit Jeremy Kyle to accuse someone of something serious without knowing all the facts (y'know the whole "she cheated on me. I know she did because my mate's cousin's best mates' brother told me) If I was certain someone was doing it I'd be straight on the phone no question, just not nice to be accused of something you didn't do is all.

I wouldn't do it on the basis of what someone else told me. That would be gossip and you never know whether its for personal revenge.

But I know my neighbours are on disability benefits. If I either of them go off to work every morning I would report.

I wouldn't do my best friend, next door neighbours Aunt, because my best friend told me that her neighbour told her (if that makes sense).

Its the job if the investigators and police to determine if someone is innocent or guilty, not your or mine. I can only go on what I know and if suspected any of any crime beit fraud/drug dealing/terrorism it needs to be brought to someones attention. Emotion can't come into it.

Genuine question to those that would report. Would you report a very close friend or family member if they got a job on the side because they were struggling so much?

I'd say something to them first. I'd tell them to sort themselves out properly rather than stealing. At the end of the day those are my nephews she is putting at risk and I'd rather give her the opportunity of sorting herself out...before someone else did it and then she'd be up shit creek without a paddle!

^ What Baby France said... all of it!!

And i would report if i reasonably believed they were committing a crime. I dont go by hearsay. If they are innocent they have nothing to hide, humiliation shouldn't come into it. x

Well I had nothing to hide and I still felt pretty humiliated :shrug: but whatever, I just think I would have to know 100% before I ratted someone out like that but each to their own

^^^^I agree with appleblossom, i think people should be 100% certain before reporting anyone.

You can never be 100% with any crime, fraud is a crime, thus reasonable suspicion is all that's necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->