"Would you steal a handbag?" - Piracy...

Lol! When I left a job a few years ago I took a load of my desk stationary with me. Naughty!

Lol! When I left a job a few years ago I took a load of my desk stationary with me. Naughty!

Oh god I could have started my own branch of Rymans with the amount of stationary (including printers, a fax machine and a laminating machine) iv had from jobs over the years.
I should point out I didnt just walk out of work with the printers and stuff it was a case of the company was moving and I had to arrange at last second notice to move and store everything, 90% of furniture and stuff was just going to be thrown out or stuck in a storage never to be looked at again because they went from a 14 office build to a one tiny room thing so I arranged for a friend to move it all and sold half of the stuff to them that was being thrown out and also to save money on storage for stuff they would never use again.
I made a good profit out of that day and I thought it was due to me as that was my last week and they stiffed me out of my last month pay.

Half the time its isnt piracy though its filesharing, theres nothing illegal with that so long as its not sold on again :)

I dont buy pirate stuff my mates do and I borrow them and then wish I had of got the real one as its a crap copy and end up watching it again in proper copy.

Reminds me of this pic this thread.

Attachments

• 090720-download-a-car.jpg
    090720-download-a-car.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 15
I dont buy pirate stuff my mates do and I borrow them and then wish I had of got the real one as its a crap copy and end up watching it again in proper copy.

Reminds me of this pic this thread.

They arnt getting them from a decent place then, we get hd quality blue ray copies :)
We watched Red the other week and I didnt even realise it hadnt even had its premier yet lewt alone out in the cinema.
There are loop holes if you get them from russian sources

When a film costs 15.00 or a cd costs 10.00 or a game up to 50.00, why not because why spend so much money on something you are not even sure that you will like, by all means, download it and see if you like it then maybe by it

I wouldn't buy a copy bag but then I wouldn't want a designer one. :winkwink:

would you keep a designer bag that had been given to you as a gift, knowing it had been stolen? :)

I normally download (fileshare) and if its any good i will buy. For example, i did this with maroon 5, but as a fan, i bought the actual disc when it was officially available.

would you keep a designer bag that had been given to you as a gift, knowing it had been stolen? :)

I would be mortified that anyone I know who would buy me a present would think this was appropriate! :shock: :haha:

A question for those who believe it is wrong and stealing.
You download the music or film online from other people who have put it up there. In essence you are copying what they already have.

Would you take a friends CD or DVD and use the appropriate machinery to copy it? Even though it means you get to listen to/watch it without paying? Just because your friend bought the CD/DVD?

Some of the films/music I download are DVD/CD copies people have on their pcs, which I just see as copying their files. I put music onto my PC through CDs I have and then people download them from me, they're just copying what I have ...

Oooh another question! You can watch full movies on youtube (dependant on where they are) When I was in uni me and Oh used to watch Lion King, Hercules etc. straight from youtube (it's in around 10 parts). Is that stealing? Since we are just watching what others have uploaded and not paying for it? Since the only difference between watching them on youtube and downloading them would be one is all over the internet and the other is on your personal computer.

1. No I'd go on Demonoid and get it myself in about 1 minute worth of download time..I did do this back in the days of dial up though...:blush:

2. I stream stuff all the time if I don't think it's worthy of eating hard drive space. :p

You download the music or film online from other people who have put it up there. In essence you are copying what they already have.

Would you take a friends CD or DVD and use the appropriate machinery to copy it? Even though it means you get to listen to/watch it without paying? Just because your friend bought the CD/DVD?

Some of the films/music I download are DVD/CD copies people have on their pcs, which I just see as copying their files. I put music onto my PC through CDs I have and then people download them from me, they're just copying what I have ...

Oooh another question! You can watch full movies on youtube (dependant on where they are) When I was in uni me and Oh used to watch Lion King, Hercules etc. straight from youtube (it's in around 10 parts). Is that stealing? Since we are just watching what others have uploaded and not paying for it? Since the only difference between watching them on youtube and downloading them would be one is all over the internet and the other is on your personal computer.

No that isnt stealing but it is recieving stolen goods which at times carries more of a penalty (depending what it is) when something is put on youtube it is put on with the understanding that they have copyright to it, youtube are basicly putting it out to public usage so you are not guilty of stealing as it is youtubes responsibility to check the stuff is legit before they offer it out freely.
Its the same as someone stealing a car then selling it to you, you are not guilty of stealing it but you have recieved it.
Its not down to the court to prove you knew it was stolen its down to you to prove you didnt (which most of the time you cant)

If CD's DVD's etc were cheaper then people wouldnt be doing it, going into HMV and buying anything is a luxury to me. Filesharing is so out of control online now that even the internet provider companies cannot be bothered to police it and they would probably loose a lot of business if they cut down on peoples downloading useage :)

No that isnt stealing but it is recieving stolen goods which at times carries more of a penalty (depending what it is) when something is put on youtube it is put on with the understanding that they have copyright to it, youtube are basicly putting it out to public usage so you are not guilty of stealing as it is youtubes responsibility to check the stuff is legit before they offer it out freely.
Its the same as someone stealing a car then selling it to you, you are not guilty of stealing it but you have recieved it.
Its not down to the court to prove you knew it was stolen its down to you to prove you didnt (which most of the time you cant)

Sorry I should have made myself clearer!
Technically, watching films on youtube is reset, taking the stolen goods from someone lese, this I knew.

I meant, would those people who say downloading stuff is illegal, consider this illegal and stealing? Since, technically, the original uploader has no copyright, so you are just stealing the movie or watching a stolen one (which people said they wouldn't do).

My mistake :flower:

[admin edited]

Per forum rules and TOS:
Any messages that encourage, promote or endorse illegal activity will be removed. Serious offences may result in your account being restricted or banned.

I was begining to wonder if this was getting a bit close on incouraging downloading :)

I'm curious as to what was said now. Yeah I think this is getting a bit too close, but it's not made me download anything lately, just upset limewire has gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->