Would you still bring your baby in?

K

kellysays2u

Athena has had a temperature of about 102.2 F all weekend(i think 39 C). Started suddenly friday night when she woke up around 12 after being perfectly happy and eating normally all day. I called her doctor and they said unless it went up to about 103 to just keep her at home and give her infant tylenol which I did. She was really sleep and wouldn't eat anything. This morning she woke up to almost her normal self but still won't eat. Has had maybe 4 oz all morning and usually by now she has had at least 16 oz and her baby food which she won't eat either. She was pukey all yesterday too. Well her fever has gone down to about 100 F. Which isn't really even a fever in a baby is it? I am just wondering if you would still bring your baby in even though they are acting almost normally awake wise and what not and the fever has gone down but she still isn't eating normally...

They told me to cancel it if she seemed all better just because they are so busy and don't want a healthy baby around everyone that is sick but I am not sure what to do.

If you are worried you should take her in hun. x

luisa has been the same hun, saw dr yesterday at out of hours hospital reassurance is so needed!!!

she is much better today not herself but better do what you think is best hope she feels better soon xxxx

I personally wouldn't take her in. I would just keep offering her bottles as normal and as long as she's taking some she's ok, her appetite will come back soon

Does she seem like she is better? A fever isn't the only indicator that a child is ill is it? My health visitor always says it is better to take a well baby in for a check than it is not to have something checked out if you are worried. As for not having a baby around sick people, is there any way you can wait outside the waiting room if you are worried about it?

Its a very very small clinic. She still wont eat anything. I am going to bring her in her appt is in an hour and a half. Her fever is creeping back up so I am definitely going to bring her in just to be reassured but my guess is it will be something simple like an ear infection... That is if her doctor can even see in her ear with her lymphangioma so large...
I will let you know how it all goes.

Well they think she either has the flu or a really bad tummy bug. Shes mildly dehydrated so I am trying REALLY hard to get fluids into her. If she still won't get anything in her by tomorrow morning though I have to bring her back and she will be admitted inorder to get fluids in her.

I hope she's better soon! Does she take solids? I'm not sure of her age. But if she does applesauce has alot of water so that's good to get some fluids in her if she won't drink but will eat something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->