Would you think i was being unreasonable ?

cs22

Mum and ttc# 2
Reaction score
My OH family. Only certain ones though are really horrible. Its little things that i hate though. The fact that when OH told them we were expecting there was no congratulations from them even though they knew we were trying. They actually shouted out that, "You cant do it" "NO" "You' ll never manage" "OMG youre stupid"
When OH rings them up they are happy to talk to him but as soon as he mentions, "Not long now and i will be a daddy" they want to get off the phone immedialy. There not interested but make out to the rest of the famiy they are.
Another thing too, when OH rings them they never once ask how i am, never. They ask OH how he is, they ask how the dog is ..........thats it. They dont care bout me in the slightest, never ask how i am at all. Never mention baby at all. I wouldnt mind i have been nice to them always, give then no reason to dislike me. OH asked them recently "do they like me" they said "no" over and over. Aaaarrrggghhh

Now because there was other nicer family members there they have INVITED us down for christmas. When they were not looking she was giving me dirty looks. They can sod off. Were spending christmas this year at my mums. Whether they like it or not. They did it purely for appearances sake to make them look good in front of other family. They dont care the slightest about baby at all.

Do you think im being unreasonable ?

:hugs::hugs:

Your OH needs to stand up to them, you cant keep puttin up with this.
they need to know you, OH and baby are a team and if they dont like it they shouldnt be in yur live sorry to be harsh but when babs is here you dont want that negative vibe around it, its not fair on the baby,

I wont try asking have you tried talkin to them cause it dont seem from what you say that you can talk to them!
Hard to know what to advise but your not being unreasonable no way!
:hugs::hugs:

Noo! I dont think you are at all, they sound horrible, i wouldnt even bother, you have alot more patience than i do lol! i would go to your mums and have a lovely christmas with your OH and baby, dont let them spoil it :) x

No, you arent unreasonable. You need to spend christmas somewhere where you and your bubs can feel safe and secure, and that definately isnt with them! xxx

No hunny, you are not being unreasonable. I have been in a similar situation, but with me its my mum that is being a cow. She hasnt once congratulated us, i know this baby wasnt planned, and i have 3 gorgeous kids already and have been with my hubby for nearly 20 years, but she seems to think im stupid for having another one. When she rings up she never asks how i am, even though she knows im having a tough time at the mo with having a bleed constantly for the last 4/5 weeks. I have been buying a few baby clothes from ebay as i have nothing left from my older kids, due to thinking our family was complete!! Duh. :dohh: My mums reply when i showed her them all excited was " well why you wasting your money, you might even lose it yet" Well thanks for your support mum!! :hissy:

Sorry for hi-jacking your post, just felt that i know what your going through, the only advice i can offer is....You ur partner and bubba are now a team, and you need no one else in your life. Dont let them stress you, ur partner obviously knows what has been going on, and he will be there to support you all the way. I am here if you want to rant away, pm me if you want. Just ignore them and be happy x x :hug:

no not at all hun :hugs: if i was you i dont think id be bothering with them at all if they didnt give a crap about me or our baby

Nah not at all i can totally relate.

When my OH told his parents we were expecting (it was unplanned) his mother cried and his dad said he was disappointed in him for doing this but this is what they expect of him. The next day when they called him they didn't mention a thing about it, it was as if nothing had been said.

Safe to say i wasn't impressed and haven't really had much to do with them since. The first time they ever mentioned our baby was when i was 20 weeks which for me is to little to late. Also his mam never asks how i am or how the baby is doing and she's really negative. I think she's spoke to me twice in the whole 25 weeks about it and for me isn't interested in the slightest.

As far as i'm concerned if they want anything to do with my daughter they can make the effort, they can come to me and work around me because i'm done with trying to be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->