Would you use the initials I.M.P?

MrsPear

Mum
Reaction score
How much do you pay attention to the initials of names? I am thinking of names for this baby (very early day I know) and the girl initials would be IMP. Would you think this is a problem? I am wondering whether to squeeze a second middle name in there, but I haven't thought of one I like yet.

I would use it. The initials we are looking at at the mo are I.B.J. Hmmm...

If the initials spelt something bad like SAD or GIT or similar then no, but IMP is ok in my opinion :) x

HazzaB, it's hard when you get set on a name but it has awkward initials isn't it!

Thank you both for your responses. I think IMP is at the lesser end of the 'bad initials' scale but I still don't know if I want to go for it- some children can be so sensitive about that sort of thing! x

initials mean nothing at the end of the day. My current favourite name means the initials will be COD :D not going to stop me picking a name I love though.

now… P I M P may be a different story :lol:

I dont think initials matter. I wouldnt think twice on it.

I only ever initial things with first and last name and that's rarely so it's unlikely they will use these initials in full :)

My son is IMP. Isaiah Michael Phoenix. So yup! I'd use it.

I considered Gabriel Elliott Reid with this baby, but with our last name, his initials would be GERM, so it ended up a no-go. But IMP, yup, I did it.

I think IMP is ok. Again, how often do you use all of your initials anyway? Unless its something really bad like spelling ASS or something, i think its ok.

I pay attention to initials lol I originally wanted to name my daughter Brooklyn Jane and then after remembering her last name was Brewster I was like I cant have her going through high school being known as B. J Brewster.

That being said I.M.P doesn't sound or look strange at all to me :)

I have a friend who married into the initials PMS, then divorced, then ended up remarrying (someone else) into the initials PMS again

An imp is a small demon who is more mischievous than harmful. The behaviour of imps is said to be wild and often out of control and many myths depict the creatures reveling in pranks and jokes. In some cultures, imps were believed to be the assistants of witches and warlocks.

I wouldn't worry too much about initials unless it was something really bad. At end of the day, if it's a girl her initials will probably change if she marries, you could have entirely innocent initials like TWAP but then she goes and marries Mr Thomas........

Our girl's forename initials will be EAR and I'm not bothered in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->