Would you want to know.....

going_crazy

Still learning.....!
Reaction score
Would you want to know if a member of your family were not expected to live past a certain age?

Here's my situation: I am in 2 minds whether I should ask at my daughters next appointment or not. Part of me thinks I should ask so that I can prepare for things (if necessary) and part of me thinks ignorance is bliss.

Because the op she had in January is only 40 yrs old, (with it only being modified in the last few year) and because it's not a common op, there aren't many 'statistics' for it. The only way I'll know what her life expectancy is, is by asking her cardiologist..... :shrug:

Would you want to know??

Ummm im not really sure because if the said say 25 youd know that she only had 5 years left and every bday would be a count down

But then again you wouldnt wanna waste a day and not knowing may mean you dont get to do everything

But i think id not ask as we could all die any day and you'd be gutted if you think you have more time than you do

I have a 4 year old daughter. Two years ago she was diagnosed with Leigh's Disease, a terminal mitochondrial disorder. At that point, they didn't think she would make it this long. Now their general attitude is that she's a fighter and so who knows. It could be 6 weeks from now, it could be 6 years from now... eventually we will lose her.

I don't want to know. I asked her doctors to tell me when they know it's fast approaching, but that's it. We're gonna keep on fighting with her. I think otherwise it would be a countdown, rather than us counting the days we have her.

Doctors can't even guess that accurately. Statistically, her time would have already come (sorry, I know it's been 2 years... but I still can't say the "D" word. :wacko: ). But that could happen with just about anyone who is terminal... they could be "given" plenty of time, and an infection cuts that short. Or, things could look bleak, and they could resist the odds.

Also, is there any amount of time that can prepare you for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->