• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you work if you didn't have to?

Blondie2008

Mum to the amazing Bethan
Reaction score
I've recently returned to work and am struggling. Just finding that things were so much easier when i was off. Life was so much nicer. I could get tea ready for when my hubby came home and the house was nice and tidy.

I dont really HAVE to work. We can survive on my husbands pay. We wanted to move house but wouldnt be able to afford it if i gave up my job. But we could put that plan on hold and move in the future.

I guess my question is really - would you work if you didnt have to?

xx

I wouldn't work for someone else but I would set up a business for myself even part time. I couldn't imagine not doing anything to bring some cash in.

No i wouldn't. I love being at home with my children.

I also wouldn't work for someone else, but I would work for myself. At the moment I work full time in a 'proper' job and part time self employed - my hope is that I can grow my self employed work so that I can just do that. I certainly won't be working full time for anyone else after my mat leave, maybe just a shift or two a week and concentrating on my own business - and my baby of course :)

Id probably get some kind of part time job, Seth loves nursery and Id quite like him to keep going x

I don't work cos we don't need me to! We have lots of bussiness so if people are off sick I nip in and cover or do the banking but apart from that on at home! I do othervthibgs with my time such as open uni work and making soap to sell ect! X

Yeah, and I do. I did, however, work hard to find a lovely part time job for when LO arrives. It helps that I like what I do as well. I go bonkers if I don't work.

I wouldn't, and won't once LO is here. I'm qualified as a 'professional' twice over so have plenty of options to work (have never not worked), but I'm looking forward to not.

I would LOVE not to have to work...and we could probably just about scrape by on OH wage if I didnt but we like our little treats and days out so they have to be paid for from my wage. I only do 2 days a week (only been back a week!) and although I miss Nathan I just HATE my work (work as a nurse in NHS) the place is run by idiots who give you no praise but are quick to blame!

BUT if we could afford to live our lifestyle on OH wage I would give up but probably find a hobby/craft or something to do as I kinda rotted on mat leave and did not much bar play and raise Nathan, which I am not saying was easy but I need some me and adult time or I go a bit crazy.

Emma.xx

If i were in my current position then yes i would still work even if we could just survive on my OH's pay, i dont want to survive i want to live, i want nice things etc,

But if we were in that position where we could have everything we want then no i wouldnt work officially but i would probably set up my own business with OH just as a little something to keep us occupied.

My brain likes to be occupied, i dont like sitting around all day having my brain turn into mush

i dont have to work but am planning to go back, not for financial reasons at all but i LOVE my job and would find it very hard to give it up completely

Lana is only 4 weeks and already when i have gone up to dundee on my own and am driving about i feel like i want to be working, the music on driving about randomly, speaking to lots of different people - i love my job lol

i will probably go back and do a sunday, as alan is off most sundays so he can watch the kids lol

I would love to be able to stay at home but financially I can't see it working. I love being at home with LO and it is actually making me go out and meet people.

Even if we were financially independent, I would absolutely keep working. I might not work full-time, but I would most definitely freelance or select good projects to keep me busy. I have huge passion for my work. I wouldn't really be me if I didn't do it! :)

Even if we won the lottery or something I would still need to do something with my days.i would probably split it between volunteering, learning (there as so many college courses I want to do.lol), and owning a small business with my OH!!i think its everyones dream to work for themselves.lol!!
However,with having a LO as young as she is, I am more than happy to stay home with her every day :D

I would still want to work, probably part time though. Little chance of that happening any time soon since I work and OH doesn't.

Funnily enough, I had a think about this on my way to work...

I've been off sick since Wednesday, today was my first day back, and I honestly think if I had to be off work full time, I'd be bored stiff.

I know it's different when you're sick, but even when I book days off work, I get so bored after a day I'm itching to get back!

Odd?

think it all depends on the job you have. i have been temping for past year or so after leaving my previous full time job of 7yrs. don't feel like i am 'connected' with where i am now.

Oh hell no! I love being on maternity leave, having a tidy house, tea ready etc. When my maternity leave is up, i'm going to look for a part time job, as much as we could manage on OH's pay, i want to contribute & i want us to have ncie things. We're also saving towards buying our own place 7 i want to contribute towards that.

But no, I wouldn't if we were millionaires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->