Would you worry

T

TashaAndBump

if your baby's weight dropped from being on the 50th percentile on her growth charts to the 11th?

Or would you just put it down to them being more active / having a virus (both of which Anna has since she was last weighed).

Anna has dropped down from the 50th percentile to the 11th in a month! :shock: It seems so drastic and massive... but then like I say she has had a virus and is walking about now holding onto the furniture etc...

What do you think? Should I be worried / think about taking her to the doctors? Or is it okay?

I'm slightly worried since I googled her percentile for her height! Stupid google, stupid me! :dohh: lol Anyone else's baby dropped percentiles so suddenly or anyone know anything about it? Thanks! xx

I wouldn't worry. Is she eating well? etc I mean Noah is also low on the charts but I don't even pay attention anymore. If I did I would be depressed all the time. I don't pay attention to the milestones either. Noah is 10months old/7 adjusted and not crawling. Every baby learns differently and gains at different rate. If Anna is older and her weight stayed the same that's why it dropped I think ? A good example is my cousin's baby At 9 months she was 22 lbs! After she started crawling etc when she turned 1 she was 20lbs. Anna is pretty active isn't she?

Thanks hun that has made me feel lots better...

She's not eating well at the moment at all (solid-wise) but she has been ill with a cough / cold and thrush in the mouth. She's had lots of milk, though....

Anna is very active and it is true that she has stayed the same weight for a long time now so that is why her percentile has gone down? I read on babycenter that you should be concerned if your baby's percentile seems to drop suddenly, but I don't think it's because she's underweight I'm fairly sure she's healthy.

I'm probably worrying over nothing :blush: Stupid google :blush: lol

Tegan has gone from the 50th percentile to the 25th for weight and is on 75th for height.. I think they are just a general guide and if your baby is acting normal/no longer ill etc she should be fine :)

I'm having a lot of trouble with solids also. but I have for a long time. He finally is opening his mouth for the spoon. Can you get her weighed in a few weeks? If she's still the same maybe bring it up? But I know how you feel the month he didn't gain anything I was SO WORRIED. I'm sure she is fine :) :hugs:

It sounds a bit drastic though to go so fast down in weight....As everyone said every baby is different and it may be normal for her.Personally I would just check with the doctor as I am paranoid about my boy's weight ( he was premature and is extremely active).I weigh him every morning! I think a sudden drop in weight is acceptable if the baby was sick (as you mentioned).

Connor started off in the 10% shot up to the 50% and is now down to the 25%. I'm not to terribly worried because the doctor said it was probably do to the fact that he spends all day crawling around and just needs more calories. Plus I'm not sure my doctor is going by a breastfeeding weight chart. My doctor did suggest giving two bottles formula on top of my normal breastfeeds to keep up with him so hopefully that will help a bit. She might have dropped in percentile from being sick but it doesn't hurt to call the doctor if you have an uneasy feeling about it.

Not sure if this helps but I worked with low weight twins.. and breast-fed babies tend to run in lower weight... and if changing to solids also. If your really worried you can add some formula to babies diet. Formula tends to fatten babies up! (or use formula in cereal) Good luck!

I really wouldn't worry. I don't even weigh Kaya that often and I threw away the little red book, it's all based on FF babies anyway. As long as she seems fine and healthy (excepting the virus of course) then she'll be fine. Mother's instinct is the best thing to follow here - if you feel that there's something wrong, get her checked out. If you feel that she's fine, she probably is.

I wouldnt worry Dec was up and down all the time until he got to about 10 months, he started on the 25% went up to the 50% then the 75% then back down to 50% then when he was ill he went down to the 25% again, now things have evened out and he seems to be steady at the 75%. Those charts are only a rough guide, as long as she is healthy and happy then she is fine xx

Wouldnt worry at all hun , Carly was a very little baby/toddler , she was always being told that she needed to eat more that she wasnt gaining enough and she has not once been what she is suposed to be until around two and a half ;)

It looks and seems like Anna is Doing brilliantly! Like you also said she has had a virus ect , and she is on the move!
Your doing a great job ;) :hugs:

i wouldnt worry hun when riley had a cold wsa being sick off his food his weight stayed the same for a while and cause anna is so active thats more then likely whats doing it dont get yourself to worried hun

p.s stay off google! :p

i really wouldnt worry hun, aslong as shes healthy, which im sure she is. Like you said she's not been well, so probably just down to that.

I really wouldn't worry. I don't even weigh Kaya that often and I threw away the little red book, it's all based on FF babies anyway. As long as she seems fine and healthy (excepting the virus of course) then she'll be fine. Mother's instinct is the best thing to follow here - if you feel that there's something wrong, get her checked out. If you feel that she's fine, she probably is.
^ Same as Marley

Only Caitlin is FF baby ;)

Caitlin was weighed when she was born, when HV came to the house then when she had her 3 lots of jabs and one visit to baby clinic. I'll be the same with this baby too.

It causes so much worry :(

stay off google its evil.

but i wouldnt worry hun as long as she is happy and healthy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back