would you. . .

Tanikins

mum to 1
Reaction score
If you found something quite clearly a hidden gift for you. Would you look or just pretend you'd not seen it

Omg the devil in me would want to look for sure but then I would regret it and the surprised had been spoilt !

Are you dying to look ?! It couldn't have been that well hidden lol x

I haven't found anything but I have had to hide some clothes for oh at home. All other gifts are at work but I work in a subway so clothes stink of subs by Xmas.

Got me thinking what I'd do

See you're asking what I'D do, the answer is not look.
However my dh has totally f*cking looked before and spoiled some really good presents of his from me! So you need to think about specifically what your oh would do I reckon! However there are places round the flat now I know he'd never look. If it's clothes, can you hide them under your own clothes in your drawers/wardrobes? Surely your oh won't come across them there

I found something one year. OH had gone to so much effort to get this thing for me, I never thought I’d be able to have one and he managed to get it and I went and looked on is eBay and saw the purchase. I had to tell him, and honestly I could see in his face he was heartbroken I’d ruined the surprise. I felt awful and it just wasn’t the same receiving it :(

My OH wouldn’t look if he thought he found something, he’s REALLY good at waiting. I’m not :haha:
But still don’t think I’d peek if I found anything again!

I found something one year. OH had gone to so much effort to get this thing for me, I never thought I’d be able to have one and he managed to get it and I went and looked on is eBay and saw the purchase. I had to tell him, and honestly I could see in his face he was heartbroken I’d ruined the surprise. I felt awful and it just wasn’t the same receiving it :(

My OH wouldn’t look if he thought he found something, he’s REALLY good at waiting. I’m not :haha:
But still don’t think I’d peek if I found anything again!

Haha aw that's so sad! My dh doesn't buy me surprise presents so I've got no chance of that happening haha. But when I was a teenager I went Christmas shopping with my mum and she left me at the table in costa while she went to get drinks and I looked in her bags on the chair, I wasn't expecting to find presents for me since I'd been with her the whole time but clearly at some point she'd snuck off and bought me this amazing rucksack, I played dumb but as soon as she got back she clearly noticed the bag had been opened, she nearly dropped the tray of coffee :haha: I was like what? No I didn't look, why? But pretty sure she sussed me haha. I hate deliberate present spoilers, which my dh would totally do if he came across a bag or whatever 🙄

I found all my presents last year from OH. He hadnt hidden them just put them in a bag in the same place i was hiding DDs stuff!! Ao yeah i saw it but i didnt let on and i am pretty good at looking surprised regardless so he was none the wiser. We both know what we are getting each other this year so no need to try and hide anything. The only surprise will be the present each of us get from DD.

:dohh:Lol wish I had your issue my love. OH hands me his bank card and tells me to spend till I'm content my Christmas will be magical. I have explained it would be "magical" if he bought my presents himself one year or even ordered them online lol.

Tbf he works constantly though long hours and Saturdays. Wee scone.

OP don't peak :nope: I think you'd regret it. Wait for the suprise it will be super :happydance:

Xxx

I would pretend I hadn't seen as I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. Tempting though!

DH buys my stocking fillers. This year I told him he had to buy my gifts but decided I wanted a new rug so it's just stocking fillers agajn. He did say he's already got me some things. I was surprised.

I have peeked before, before children when we had more money and surprised each other. Now we don't buy each other much I'd much rather the surprise and know he picked it himself. I've told him to take DD1 with him so she can help, she's at the age where I'm sure she'll love to help.

Don't peek ! Xx

I would look then regret it HAHA! If I didn't look immediately I would just keep thinking about it until I did cave in and look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->