Wow - Dyson renewed!

LittlePants

Reaction score
My Dyson wasn't sucking that well, and I decided to investigate. There's a little blue button on the front, which says "Filter" So I pressed it to investigate. (Never done it before :blush:) Anyway, I popped the thing out and it was absolutely FILTHY!!! Around the edge, it said that they should be washed every 3-6 months :dohh: Anyway, I washed it in some well diluted Ecover multi surface cleaner, until no more muck came out, rinsed and dried it, put it back in this morning (It took a couple of days on the boiler to dry) and it seems like I have a new machine!! It's sucking so hard again it's an effort to push it over the carpet! Brill! :happydance:

If you've got a Dyson, and have not done this, do it now! (Well you probably know this anyway, and do it regularly - it's probably just me!)

I do know, just forget to do it! :blush: Didnt realise it could affect the sucking power though!

Yeah, my mate was complaining about her machine a few years ago, so I took the disgustingly dirty filter out and cleaned and popped it back in..............she was about to bin it as it literally had stopped sucking - she has cats.

They obv need to make this a LOT clearer on the machines!

I agree. It's certainly made a HUGE difference to mine!

omg i never knew this exsisted! my dyson is crappy too, i bet mine is FILTHY.

I KNOW! time flies :cry:

I made another little discovery as well. If you have one of the original Dysons, they are not making parts for them any more, but they will give you £100 off a new ball machine! We have an original DC01, which was relegated to the garage and for very dirty jobs, but it's on its' last legs I think. £100 off a new one will be very handy!:thumbup:

I made another little discovery as well. If you have one of the original Dysons, they are not making parts for them any more, but they will give you £100 off a new ball machine! We have an original DC01, which was relegated to the garage and for very dirty jobs, but it's on its' last legs I think. £100 off a new one will be very handy!:thumbup:

Noooooo! I put mine in the skip a few days ago as it had been sat in the outhouse for 5 years. Gutted i could have bought a new one and it would have been so cheap by the time i sold my 5 year old one and traded in the ancient beast :cry:

Ohh that is handy! I love Dysons customer service, they are fab!

Also if you remove the clear bin to get to the bit with all the holes they sometimes get clogged. I just rub a very slightly damp cloth over the holes and if they are really blocked a cocktail stick does the job. this really improved the sucking power of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->