Wow! I'm so ill!

Mrsmitch80

Reaction score
Just a bit of a feeling sorry for myself moan :(

My hyperemesis is particularly bad today, think it's because I'm tired after my 2 year old had me up
In the night. My husband is on a late shift so I've had to make them a meal and now I'm attempting to bath them and get them to bed in between throwing up!!

I just want to curl up in bed and cry, when will this go?!!!!!!! :(

Sorry no advice but what a terrible time your having hope you feel better soon :hugs: xx

Aww so sorry your going through this its just awful.

I had it really really bad with my 1st 2 pregnancies and was in hospital lots even got put on steroids as no medication stopped it at all. It lasted till 22 weeks with both.

Now on my third pregnancy and started my sickness tablets at week 5 its just so debilitating. touch wood at the min its not as bad as my 1st two.

I found talking to someone who had gone through the same helped me as know one seemed to understand how I actually felt.

Have you been given any sickness medication for it?

I really hope you start to feel better soon xx

Thank you ladies, it does help speaking to people who understand just how bad it is :) if I hear one more person say 'you've only got a few weeks of this left' I might throw something at them lol! It's hard to even cope with a day of this sickness!

I was hospitalised at 18 weeks with my first pregnancy, I was very naive and just thought that I had to put up with the sickness but I became very poorly. With my second pregnancy I started cyclizine at 5 weeks and don't ever remember being too sick however my other daughter went to nursery 3 days a week then and I know I used to drop her off and then go back to bed so I slept through most of my first trimester!!!

This time I started cyclizine at 5 weeks but it was during the summer holidays that I became bad so I've had 2 children to amuse and tiredness makes me so much worse! DH does everything whilst he's here but does work long shifts so it is difficult. This week has just been particularly bad as my parents who usually help out too have been away on holiday :(

I've started taking vitamin B6 too to see if it helps. On the plus side, my girls are fast asleep now so I can rest! Xx

i know so many people said to me "a little bit of sickness is normal you know" gosh i could have punched them too lol.

I never started medication early with my 1st two. So im hoping by starting cyclizine at 5 weeks may help keep it at bay. Im only 6 weeks now tho so very early days.

Its good that you have plenty of help around the house from your husband. I defiantly think it makes it worse by having 2 other children to look after its just exhausting, but in a way i find they keep me going. If i didn't have them to look after think id just lay in bed and cry all day lol

When did your sickness actually kick in this time?

I tried b6 in my last pregnancy but it didn't seem to make any difference saying that i struggled to keep it down xx

You're right, the days pass more quickly when you have children to look after!

I was 5+2 when I went to see my doctor for meds, I was throwing up when I smelt anything soapy! So freshly washed clothes were bad, cleaning, washing my hands!!! Luckily my dr was very understanding and have me cyclizine straight away xx

I can relate!

I'm just about 9 weeks and my ms started at week 6. I feel like I've been curled up in a ball crying for 2 years!
When I was pg with my dd a few years ago, my ds was 9 years old. Very capable of taking care of himself when I was having a bad day. And he was also in school! I would drop him off, come home and just take care of me.
Now that I have a 2 year old at the house with me all day, this is a whole different ballgame. To make it worse, my 2 year old is in the middle of a terrible stage where she doesn't listen to a thing I say. I really have to keep up with her. She's a bit of a tornado. lol

I'm taking Zofran, but thats just taken the edge off. I'm still queazy all day. Some days Im not sure how I will get through.... but I do. I know it will let up soon.

Hang in there! Don't be afraid to call your Dr. and say you're not dealing well and see what they can do. This being my 3rd child, I've learned to speak up! <3

Thanks ladies, had a rough night but feeling a little better this morning. DH got me some lucozade before he went to work as I'm dehydrated and it helped in my first preg.

I'm going to see how I get on over the weekend but if I'm still like this on mon I'll be back to the docs to get some different meds xx

I hear ya!

I've had chronic diarrhea and nausea for the last 6 days (I'm 7w+4) and have lost half a stone. I'm on holiday in Europe and the pharmacy won't give me anything but I've had to take Imodium in desperation as it is literally every hour and complete water (TMI!). I am barely eating and just can't wait to get back to the Uk to see my doctor. I just feel bad as my husband is having to do all the holiday stuff with DS whilst I hover around the bathroom. At least though I'm not at work - due back on Monday with an overseas trip on Tuesday but no way I can go in unless thing improve dramatically!

I hope we all feel better soon! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"