wow really!

MomPepperdine

Reaction score
So an old friend from work was messaging me seeing how were doing if I'm still doing the sahm thing all fine and I told her well I was thinking of getting a part time job but who's going to hire a big pregnant lady! She text back pregnant! I told her yes 30 weeks then she asked if stephen (dh) can support all of us! Wth really we haven't talked in like a yr and she asked that! Bah! How rude. I wouldn't ask anyone that! Esp if we haven't talked in forever! Gah I just ignored that then she went to ask if its a boy or girl eh

Had to get that out lol

That is so inappropriate!! My social circle and family have an unwritten rule that we never ask people about how much money they make or if they can afford something. It is really not any ones business. My mom did freak out when I told her I was pregnant because DH had just started a new job and she was worried but didn't ask anything directly. Then he lost that job in march and started another so she worried but mostly only mentioned insurance

That's one thing and if it was my best friend I know it would be a consern not just putting her nose in it ya know!? Eh

Ugh I know how you feel!

My mom told a friend of mine back home about my pregnancy and her comment was "oh wow, how is she going to change her partying ways?" and "She's going to do it alone?! Wow, that's brave of her." Seriously?! LOL, i'm 37yrs old for cripes sake and would like to think i'm a capable adult. Some people just don't think before they speak! :dohh:

We have gotten the same thing! We are a military family and stationed overseas so jobs for me are few and far between. During this duty tour my husband and I decided that I would stay home and get my degree finished up because we don't have many bills anyway. The FIRST thing out of my mothers mouth was "how will you afford a baby with NO job?" :rolleyes: we PLANNED this baby...and we can afford it easily with almost no cut backs to our spending. I pretty much told her that if she wasn't planning to pay my bills then she should butt out of our finances.

Some people are so rude. I went to my grandmothers house the other day and one of her old friends (that I haven't seen in like 6 years)was there and she says to me " Wow, your pregnant again?" I say yes my fifth and she says " So, who is the daddy of this one?":saywhat: it pissed me off so my grandmother just was like "uh, who else is going to father her children" mind you not I have been with my DH since I was 14 and I am 31 now... just so out of line.:nope:

The things that come out of people's mouths can be so rude. Plenty of women have to work after birth because the cost of living is so high these days & there are other reasons why women return to work besides financial reasons!

I was often asked if our baby was planned & whether OH and I were getting married now. I'm 40 & he is 45, we aren't 2 kids that got knocked up for FFS.

I would offer a seat most definitely! The only time I felt like I wouldn't was on the train to work one morning and I saw a heavily pregnant lady wearing high stilettos and she asked someone to give up their seat. First of all, I suffer from postural hypotension so i need a seat just as much as her. Secondly if she was wearing appropriate shoes then I might have felt more accommodating. Just my opinion though :)

Some people don't have the ability to think before they open their mouths!! We have the same unwritten rules as a pp said, you dont ask about other peoples money, their wage or what they spend it on. The only tiny exception to this is my best friend who very very occasionally will ask to borrow some, and then pays it back 3 days later, but she is by all accounts, very hard up and im happy to help if im in a suitable position at the time.

I would offer a seat most definitely! The only time I felt like I wouldn't was on the train to work one morning and I saw a heavily pregnant lady wearing high stilettos and she asked someone to give up their seat. First of all, I suffer from postural hypotension so i need a seat just as much as her. Secondly if she was wearing appropriate shoes then I might have felt more accommodating. Just my opinion though :)

lol I'm really confused by this post :wacko:

lol I'm really confused by this post :wacko:

I confused myself too! I replied to the wrong thread! Lol baby brain! I'm such a doob! I'll just hide in my corner now! This new layout is taking some getting used to :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->