Wow, what is this pain?!

fudgecake251

Reaction score
I'm 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I'm booked in for a scan in 3 days to check babys position, as midwife couldn't really tell. I'm feeling a lot of movement low down, but midwife couldn't feel a head at all at the top so we'll see. My question is, I'm having quite a few really sharp pains inside my vagina. Its a sort of sudden pain, which doesn't hurt as such, but gives me a shock and all I can describe it as is the sort of pain you get if you've waited too long to go for a pee and you're desperate and then when you go it's a sort of sharpish pain. The baby has been extremely active today also for some reason. Yesterday was quiet and I was a bit worried. I've also got some part of the baby sticking into one side of my hip bone and then each time I stand up a sort of really dull ache as though something is sitting on a nerve high up on the inside of my other thigh. I keep feeling like I need a huge pee, but when I go there's hardly anything, just these jabbing pains every time baby moves. I just saw the midwife too and waters are fine.

I have the same issue. I just saw the doc yesterday and I am high and closed, I though maybe those pains were me starting to dilate. Doc said it is just baby hitting a nerve but oh goodness does it hurt!

It could be that baby is head down and you are feeling pressure from baby's head dropping down a bit that will give you these pains down below! I had this from around 34 weeks and baby has now really dropped! It is pretty normal im afraid and you may well have an arm in your hip! :winkwink:

pretty sure it sounds like the babies head engaging, i get sharp shooting pains in my pubic area, and when i asked the midwife thats what she said it was :thumbup:

It's often not them engaging. Babies love slamming their hands/arms/heads/feet into your cervix/bladder/anything that might cause a bit of pain. I still get the pains when my baby is breech. Ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->