WOW

hmfitzy

Reaction score
So im 37+4 weeks with twins and saw my mw and doctor today. He examined me and im 3 cm and also gave me a sweep. Im booked in for induction for Thursday but will be going in on Wednesday evening to get this gel thing done for my rather thick placenta ( to thinnen, not good at remembering all these medical words! :p)
Been reading about the sweep and understand that it works differently for every woman with some going into labour within 24hours and for some not having much effect at all. I can most definitely tell im feeling so different and would not be suprised one bit if babies decide to come before Thursday.

They both been head down for a while but was suprised and amazed that the cheeky baby B ( girl) had managed to turn around in my not so big belly :p
At least the boy is head down which still gives me a chance for a vaginal delivery.

Maybe some of you ladies who have had would like to share about your sweep and how did it work for you and how much different you felt after that?

It really hit me home when leaving the mw she said SEE YOU WITH YOUR BABIES

Hanna xxx :happydance:

Congrats hun, fingers crossed for you and I look forward to your update.

I have never had a sweep so I can't help you

Whoo hoo! Will be cool to see those babes!

Hi i had a sweep with my first and was only 1 cm dialated and viable for it, i remember my midwife saying because of this it was highly likely it would work. I had the sweep in the morning and by the afternoon could tell it had done something, felt different and back ache was starting. By evening i had period style pains and went into labour 1130pm. As you are already 3cm dialated i expect your body is more than ready and fingers crossed it works!

Good luck, i wil be watching for the special news ooh how exciting xxxx

Well, its the morning after it and im still home. Even though even still feeling that different feeling as if things could start anytime. So we shall see :D

Will keep you lovely ladies posted xxx

Hi
I have never had a sweep done, but my friend had one done Friday at 10pm and started having contractions 2am Sat morning with baby born at 8am. Her midwife said that if there were no signs 48hrs afterwards then it had not worked!!

Good luck, will be keeping an eye out for your news:flower::flower:

Ohhhh hope all goes well for you. Not long now til you have your little babies

Still home! Though my show was getting much stronger ( i guess normal with the sweep) .
So if not before 8pm, then off to hospital for pessary and induced tomorrow!

Hoping and praying the weather wont turn as bad as they are saying, as we did get it really bad last week and though they say its to start tomorrow, if things dont start progressing quite quick tonight after pessary ( any stories appreciated!!) hubbie will be sent home 9pm ( is that the rule in all uk hospitals??aaargh..) and hes quite stressed what it will be like driving back and forth hospital (fair bit of a drive for us aswell!)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->